Pickit 3 programmer is not programming...

Dr34Dl0rD

Joined Dec 8, 2014
Done. I have checked everything and the problem was really stupid... I have forgotten that I updated MPLAB, so all the information related the oscillator was not set properly. Thanks everybody :)

I just made sure that was correctly connected and also I connected a 100uF capacitor between VDD and VSS in both sides and the 10k resistor between VSS and the Master clear pin and in addition, the pickit 3 can detect the device, de deal is: It never really Loads the code.

Thank you in advance for your answers
Don't add decoupling ! it will stop it working.
Microchip specifically say not to do that.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Done. I have checked everything and the problem was really stupid... I have forgotten that I updated MPLAB, so all the information related the oscillator was not set properly. Thanks everybody :)
Am I the only one to notice that Dr34Dl0rD has managed not only to solve his problem but he stopped to thank us for our help too?

MagicMatt

Joined Sep 30, 2013
No, I just thought the suggestion might be handy for future reference... a lot of people don't realise you can often get free samples of chips.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I am not exactly sure what Dr34DIOrD meant by his "decoupling" capacitor on MCLR description. If it is as it seems, nigelwright7557 is right on. The ICD3, and presumably the PK3, will not program a standard voltage chip with that much capacitance (100 uF) from the resistor on MCLR to ground. At least, if it does program, it is not dependable. Maybe a schematic will help.

John