Personal Attack Removed

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
This thread was a joke. The original poster got exactly what he deserved and no less. Personal attack because I told him I didn't care who his daddy was? Whoever his daddy was failed to raise him in a fitting and responsible manner. So basically the forum defends his behavior? What a joke. Well, if that is how you see things Dick apparently we differ in what is correct. You blew away a collection of post which simply told it like it was. He was an arrogant little fool at best. Got what he deserved for replies. Anyway, my time here was nice and many thanks for all the good threads.

Ron

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Didn't see the original, but I have seen plenty of "offensive" posts in the Homework section. There is really a double standard.

John

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
I'm not recommending such subterfuge, but a work-around strategy for members who feel the need to tell off misbehaving members would be to create a new account for that purpose on the assumption that your posts will be deleted and your new pseudonym banned. If you do this, mask your IP or your regular member account may be banned as well.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
This thread was a joke. The original poster got exactly what he deserved
I think you were right, but delayed a few days to post your opinion. Don't take it seriously. I have embarrassed myself more than once. Just accept the fact that moderators do what they think is right, and they are almost always right. Nothing personal.

In the last 20 hours, I have called a noob on the carpet to the point that I wonder why I didn't get my knuckles rapped. Maybe I have learned to phrase my insults better than I did in the past. :rolleyes:

I just ran across that thread in my usual inventory check. Even my more moderate words were deleted.:confused:

Having a bad day, Dick?

Last edited:

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Ron,

If you're still reading, I want to say that this has happened before. Though it can be irritating, members aren't allowed to attack other members, even if they think the member in question is getting what he deserves. We've all learned this lesson in the past (jgatsby, split infinity) I didn't like holding my tongue, but it's in reality a good policy. We don't make judgments about who is or is not being arrogant. You can always alert the moderation staff if you believe someone is posting anything inappropriate or in violation of the site rules. So, we've all has some posts removed. Nothing to lose your head over. I advise you to not act rashly.

~Your friend

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I think you were right, but delayed a few days to post your opinion. Don't take it seriously. I have embarrassed myself more than once. Just accept the fact that moderators do what they think is right, and they are almost always right. Nothing personal.

In the last 20 hours, I have called a noob on the carpet to the point that I wonder why I didn't get my knuckles rapped. Maybe I have learned to phrase my insults better than I did in the past. :rolleyes:

I just ran across that thread in my usual inventory check. Even my more moderate words were deleted.:confused:

Having a bad day, Dick?
I thought my replies were pretty much on target. I really did not want to hear about his daddy, like I said, in my opinion his daddy failed miserably at raising a respectful and responsible kid. He got answers from several experienced people and continued to challenge the answers he got. I don't mind an occasional zing from a moderator, forums require tough skin. However, that thread sat for several days before being closed and many comments removed, but not the comments of the original poster. Sorry I call BS on that. If anyone was out of line it was the childish kid who started the thread. I like return business but that kid was over the line long before anyone here slammed him. Personal attack? My oh my, how sensitive we have become. This is the first time in any forum I participate in that I have been censored so it's obvious what is expected in this forum is not how I am or how I act. Very good forum and generally well staffed, just not my playground.

Ron

Joined Nov 30, 2010
In Law, proving that your statement was true is an absolute defense against a charge of slander. It doesn't work that way here. My post describing the number of people the OP had insulted was true, but it was worded carefully. This method of wording such responses was developed because of the ways in which I failed in the past. Still, a lingering sour about the absence of Moderator response to the OPs insult to the forum population in general. No need to pout about it.

Rx: one grain of salt, and I suggest you resolve to leave the housekeeping to the Moderators, even when you disagree. They can't please all of the people all of the time, and sometimes they are actually wrong. One wrong does not require a mutiny.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
In Law, proving that your statement was true is an absolute defense against a charge of slander. It doesn't work that way here. My post describing the number of people the OP had insulted was true, but it was worded carefully. This method of wording such responses was developed because of the ways in which I failed in the past. Still, a lingering sour about the absence of Moderator response to the OPs insult to the forum population in general. No need to pout about it.

Rx: one grain of salt, and I suggest you resolve to leave the housekeeping to the Moderators, even when you disagree. They can't please all of the people all of the time, and sometimes they are actually wrong. One wrong does not require a mutiny.
Agree.

Ron

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
It’s like baseball.

We all don’t agree with the call, but we abide and keep playing.

We just go to the next inning.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Absolutely nothing prevents a member from reporting someone who is, for the lack of a better term, being an asshole.

And since we are an international forum, I'd report, then wait a reasonable amount of time for any and all actions. If there are moderators listed as being online, I'd pm them to ensure they "got the report". We have never received any feedback from moderators telling us if they are under or overwhelmed with reports .... so I assume they take care of business in an expedient manner.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Today, I remember what my offensive words were. Pretty much, "He was only here 5 hours. That leaves at least two shifts of people waking up as the world turns that might have helped him."

OMG! Other People might have helped him?!
That's so offensive!

I really need to review the rules here.

Hey Dick. About 12 hours ago I said, "If I had known you were merely having a Senior Moment, I wouldn't have typed so much."
Maybe you should track that one down and delete it.

Last edited:

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Most people with more than a few posts here (including me) are addicted and don't quit even if they want to. On a related topic, TheRB left just about a year ago because of the change in AAC site software. I wonder if he would return if he knew of the latest changes. I thought he was very inventive, and miss his posts.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Most people with more than a few posts here (including me) are addicted and don't quit even if they want to. On a related topic, TheRB left just about a year ago because of the change in AAC site software. I wonder if he would return if he knew of the latest changes. I thought he was very inventive, and miss his posts.
Honestly, if TheRB hadn't left because of the software change, I think he would have left long ago for other reasons (this site has really gone to **** other than the long-time members).