Peak Oil

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Kind of wondering if this isn't the first signs of the world oil industry restructuring to become more balanced and efficient. The few biggest greediest players have pretty much burned up their financial reserves trying to keep things running their way and it's not working anymore. :oops:

They're near broke or already well past it and yet many the little players, and larger ones who were willing to find ways to work more efficiently with what they had, are not only still here but much of their production and overall operational policies on world wide commerce have become far more influential for it. :cool:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
ND coming back online on hopes of completed pipeline.

MAGA.
Yep. I can confirm it. I have been hearing rumors for the last month or so about rigs coming back online and some of the fracking companies going back to work on existing wells that didn't get done when things slowed down.

Sadly the company I worked for closed their local shop and has their facilities up for sale now so I guess I wont be going back to them. :(

Up side is being I have first hand fracking experience for a reputable company I have been told that I am almost guaranteed job on the drilling rigs regarding tool pushing and coordinating the drill sting components that relate to the fracking stage of a well! High pay light work supervisory position (get payed a lot to watch others work) as I have had it explained to me! I can work with that!

Too bad my summer is already tied up with personal work I can't put off. I rather miss those 14 hour days and the crazy paychecks they brought home. :oops:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Another prediction of the death of big oil and fossil-fuel vehicles.
http://business.financialpost.com/n...g-autos-says-study-that-shocking-the-industry
I think the prediction is correct except for the timeline. 8 years is absurd.

My current vehicle has nearly 200k miles on it, so I'm starting to look for a replacement. I'd love to NOT buy another vehicle and instead have a pool of autonomous cars around that I could summon when I need one. But that future isn't coming fast enough and I'll have to buy at least one more fire-breathing steel dragon. Sigh. A Tesla would be nice but too pricey.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I think the prediction is correct except for the timeline. 8 years is absurd.

My current vehicle has nearly 200k miles on it, so I'm starting to look for a replacement. I'd love to NOT buy another vehicle and instead have a pool of autonomous cars around that I could summon when I need one. But that future isn't coming fast enough and I'll have to buy at least one more fire-breathing steel dragon. Sigh. A Tesla would be nice but too pricey.
I saw 8 years and said WTF too.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I saw 8 years and said WTF too.
I think that was put there to get the article read. Otherwise there's nothing in there I haven't been talking with friends about for a couple years or more. Once you take for granted that you have autonomous cars with low operating costs, it's an easy leap to ditching traditional car ownership. Ditch the car, no more need for a big garage, no more auto insurance, no need to watch teenagers die on the highway before they learn to drive safely. No more drunk drivers, ten times more drunk passengers.