PCB FOR DALEK VOICE MOD

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Make sure that the images don't exceed the file size limit. If they do, they won't appear.

Try shrinking it down to about 600 pixels wide and try again.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
What can I do? I am not proficient at this. My only choices were full pic or thumbnail. I chose thumbnail.
Can I assume that thumbnail is not a compression?
I assume you had a thread going along with this project? That's what I was asking for--a link to the thread.

Or do you just have the photos? If you only have photos, it would be awesome if you could also post your schematic, and a brief writeup about the process (what inspired you, what obstacles you encountered, and how you overcame them).

Robo80

Joined Oct 23, 2014
!

These attachments were asked for by Brutus as I had asked for his help whilst constructing a voice mod for a Dalek I have built. These pics are photos of the PCB that I put together using the manual for the voice modulator(version 2.07)
that is up in Project Dalek Forum.
I do have pictures of the Dalek but I am most interested in getting these up for Brutus or whoever might be interested ,so I can correct any errors that I might have made while putting the PCB together.

Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Ah, I misunderstood the purpose of this thread. I thought you were showing off a completed project, not asking for help with it. Sorry about that.

Robo80

Joined Oct 23, 2014
I forgot to let interested parties know that I I have spent many hours over the last few months checking for obvious mistakes (shorts, opens, reversed polarity, cold solder joints etc.). But to no avail. When I did power up the unit, I did get a slight buzzing at the speaker, but no response to inputs from the mic.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The Voice Mod is a voice modulator to have your voice sound like a Dalek from the Dr Who series.
Fenris and I have been working on the circuit for some time on the Project Dalek forum.
I have attached the V2.07 manual, with all the schematics and PCB drawing in it.

This is the PM I got from Robo on the PDF, with the error:

I built a Dalek Voice Modulator, utilizing the Voice Modulator Assembly Manual (Version 2.07). With loving care, I fabricated the printed circuit board and assembled the components per the manual. When I powered the unit up (page 20 in manual), I did get a slight buzzing at the speaker, but no response from the mic.
I will have a look at the pictures later.

Bertus

Attachments

Robo80

Joined Oct 23, 2014
The first four pics are of the PCB in the box and the 5th one is a pic of the front of the box.

I will now put up the last four which are out of the box pics.
photo 1-7.JPG photo 2-4.JPG

That's two!

photo 3-4.JPG One more!

photo 4-2.JPG

This is #4!

photo 3-4.JPG One more!
This is 274?

I have finally got all four up. Seems my memory for how I did it last night was failing. Sorry to make such a mess but the four all all here but some on different replies.

Last edited by a moderator:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I have written some remarks on one of your pictures:

I also have taken the PCB and parts placing from the manual:

Perhaps the others do see other possible bad spots.

Bertus

PS does the humming change when you turn the modulation rate potentiometer?

Attachments

Last edited:

Robo80

Joined Oct 23, 2014
Hello,

Bertus

Hello,

Bertus

Last edited by a moderator:

Robo80

Joined Oct 23, 2014
The humming changes when I turn the volume control but it does not when I turn the modulation rate potentiometer.