PCB Design PIC18f4550

NorthGuy

Joined Jun 28, 2014
You should connect pin 1 of ICSP directly to the MCLR pin. You should also put a resistor between the MCLR pin and the point where C5 and R1 meet. 1K or even 470 Ohm should be ok.

Joined Mar 20, 2016
74 Is that 1 uF on the MCLR ? (C5) you can have .1uF but need to have a strap to disconnect it from the pin when programming ,
So what should I do in C5 ? change the value in 0.1uF?
hi 7,
Where are the connections to pin 15 and 16 . the power rails.?

E

EDIT:
Also check your 9 way D connections at the PIC end of the cable.
TX & RX ???
please check again my connection and I just added right now the pin 15 and 16
I am sure the 18F4550 has weak pullup resistors in PORTB that you need to enable prior using. Maybe it could help. Ah, you enable all or none.
so what do I need to change in port B

Attachments

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
so what do I need to change in port B
First read and understand what a pull up resistor is (precisely like the one you have applied to the pin 37).

Then read in the datasheet about PORTB to identify the register with a bit to enable the internal pullups that port B was designed with.

You need one resistor less and simplify your layout.

I use them all the time for a keyboard.

Joined Mar 20, 2016
Should work.
Thank You north guy but I want to clarify again, so it doesn't have any wrong connection and component's value now?

I also don't need to connect a resistor in every pin of RA-RD right?

And as you can see I also added a 8 LED separated to the main dev board in which the negative side of LEDS is connected in a pin that can be connected in VSS using connecting wire and I will just connect the PINS on the LEDS using connecting wire when I want to use them as OUTPUT