PC boot problem

AHMARAFAH

Joined Jul 11, 2006
can anyone answer this question?
what is the most common cause of this message at boot up? "NTDLR is missing, press any key to restart!

many thanks

ahmed arafa

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Most probably some rubbish software wiping the Windows boot partition or an issue relating to replacement of some core hardware, e.g. a hard-drive.

Dave

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
It's most probably ntldr and not ntdlr. If you have the CD, then you could do a repair. Boot with the CD, and follow the installer until there is a choice between install and repair current installation.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Thank you Dave.Can you please,post the procedures how to fix this problem?
Assuming you have Windows XP, like n9352527 says you can boot using the XP cd and go to the recovery console. You should look at the Microsoft knowledge-base article on this error (ref: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318728/), this is for Windows 2000, however it is likely that it will be applicable to Windows XP.

I personally cannot comment because I have never come across this issue, but this website provides a range of methods for over coming this issue - I suggest you work through the MS knowledge-base article and the ideas from the above site and try one of the methods available.

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Problem 1) You're running windows
There's always one!!

Considering I have never heard about this problem before, I seem to be seeing a lot of this very issue rearing its head across the Internet, has something happened that we should be aware of? Or is it just coincidence?

Dave

alitex

Joined Mar 5, 2007
can anyone answer this question?
what is the most common cause of this message at boot up? "NTDLR is missing, press any key to restart!

many thanks

ahmed arafa
you can check your ram's memory if it has any problem it give u queer messages during boot

sharkfire

Joined Feb 13, 2008
Are you using laptop? I've got the same problem too. We had my laptop reformatted. And everything went back to normal.

I think, some spare parts inside the machine was moved or something.