Parts...

Swat791

Joined Nov 28, 2007
What different places on line to buy parts.

I'm looking for 12vdc DPDT mini relays, LEDs, mini boards, diodes, solar panels, etc.

Thanks,
Donnie

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
How do you know he's from the UK?
As the Site Admin I am almighty and know everything :p

Seriously, the first link is the international link where the OP can select their country of origin. I put the UK link in for completeness since it is the one I use for RS.

Dave

eeboy

Joined Sep 27, 2007
I am in the USA...

My preferred vendors are Digi-Key and Mouser. However, there are a few others that I will source parts from if I can't find what I need.. Allied, Newark, Jameco are just a few.

If you are from the UK, I recall Maplin Electronics is fairly large over there. I've read this in articles... never used them myself obviously.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
If you are from the UK, I recall Maplin Electronics is fairly large over there. I've read this in articles... never used them myself obviously.
Maplins are very good for walk-in purchases because of their ubiquity (well not quite but they are common). Never use their net-services so can't comment.

Dave

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
Hi,In the U.K. Rapid electronics is a very reliable source of components, at a reasonable price and thier range of products is increasing year to year...Daniel.

Swat791

Joined Nov 28, 2007
RadioShack is pretty expensive.
That's why I asked:)

I found 3 diodes at All Electronics for .80 cents (for the three). I had to get some at RS and they were $1.59 for 2....that equals 79.5 cents each. Talk about mark up.

Thanks for your responses!

Donnie

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
That's why I asked:)

I found 3 diodes at All Electronics for .80 cents (for the three). I had to get some at RS and they were $1.59 for 2....that equals 79.5 cents each. Talk about mark up.

Thanks for your responses!

Donnie
LEDs can be even cheaper that that. I often buy them around 0.20 Eur a piece.

I suggest we use the name R$ for RadioShack from now on, just like M$ is for Microsoft. :D:D:D