Paris attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Attacking innocent, unarmed civilians to further a cause defies comprehension. The perpetrators are savages with no sense of honor. I hope whoever claims responsibility is dealt with swiftly and with the same mercy they showed their victims.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
This attack is totally logical from the viewpoint of the Daesh Jihadist terrorist. They see western civilization as a blight and sinful corruption of the soul. There are no innocent non-combatants and unarmed civilians are a soft target in their war to destroy free will and expression from populations under their control. For the hard-core believers there is no honor only extermination of the pest. They are losing control of their native populations and are trying to stay in control by attacking the evil west to draw us even deeper into their internal fights between Islams slightly less radical factions. The best thing we can do is to contain it in their borders so they can kill each other instead of us.

As long as terrorists are not described as heretics by people that matter in Islam for their actions, (like the attack in Paris) horrors like this will continue.

Last edited:

boatsman

Joined Jan 17, 2008
The Islamic State officially claimed responsibility for the attacks on the morning of 14 November, praising their "eight brothers" on the death of "at least 200 'crusaders'" and claiming that "this was only the beginning of the storm."[
Unfortunately Europe and the West will only wake up to the fact that a religious war similar to the Crusades is in the offing only when it is too late to prevent it. They didn't learn in the 1930's and the politically correct useful idiots are busy denying it now

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Hezbollah (terrorist group) denounced it. Of course they are fighting against ISIS and were themselves attacked in Lebanon a few days ago. 43 people died.
ISIS is playing by its own rules, just like everyone else.

It is too bad that the mess was started in the region, geoups were armed and things got out of control. Now, refugees (legitimate and not) are in Europe. They are also being accepted into North America. Noone knows who these people are. It is far to late to hope that this can be contained.

I have always wondered why people refuse to apply logic to the situation - what "refugee" has money to pay someone to arrange for a crossing from Turkey to Europe?

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
This attack is totally logical from the viewpoint of the Daesh Jihadist terrorist. They see western civilization as a blight and sinful corruption of the soul. There are no innocent non-combatants and unarmed civilians are a soft target in their war to destroy free will and expression from populations under their control. For the hard-core believers there is no honor only extermination of the pest. They are losing control of their native populations and are trying to stay in control by attacking the evil west to draw us even deeper into their internal fights between Islams slightly less radical factions. The best thing we can do is to contain it in their borders so they can kill each other instead of us.

As long as terrorists are not described as heretics by people that matter in Islam for their actions, (like the attack in Paris) horrors like this will continue.
Maybe ISIS has looked back in history and figured that muslims were to easy on the christians compared to the Ottoman Empire and, in case of Russia, Genghiz Khan... After all, when they invaded Spain, the religions managed to co-exist.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I still believe that if you are waging war against a non-signatory to the Geneva Convention, the rules cited in that convention are null and void for the period of that war.

In other words ... no mister nice guy. To borrow a phrase from William Shakesphere, "Cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.".

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I have always wondered why people refuse to apply logic to the situation
Here's the way they understand logic:

"... the imam Abu Hamid Muhammad ibn Muhammad al-Ghazali, who died in AD 1111. Al-Ghazali detested the ancient Greek philosophers. He regarded human reason as a cancer upon Islam....
... Nine hundred years have passed, and yet al-Ghazali is still considered by many in Islam to be second only to Muhammad....
... They adhere to the principle of ¨al-fikr kufr,¨ that the very act of thinking (and along with thinking, education, reason, and knowledge) makes one an infidel (kufr). Or as Taliban religious police have written on their propaganda placards: ¨Throw reason to the dogs— it stinks of corruption.¨"

Ali, Ayaan Hirsi (2015-03-24). Heretic: Why Islam Needs a Reformation Now (p. 104). HarperCollins.

Attachments

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
The point I was trying to make is the lack of logic in letting thousands of "refugees" in with complete lack of oversite. These people are suing German government because processing time is too long? This is amongst multiple reports of rape and abuse in and around refugee camps in Germany, Sweden and other areas?

You cannot accept people into your culture who do not want to accept your way of living, I am sorry. I speak as a russian living in Canada. I have to respect the country that I moved to. It was my choice, no one forced me to do it.

I truly hope the authorities who made the choice of bringing people in apply zero tolerance policy to them on terms of acceptable behavior, otherwise prepare for stonings in Europe. I know we have honor killings in Canada - the authorities do nothing to protect its own citizens (children of immigrants) who seek help.

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
Maybe ISIS has looked back in history and figured that muslims were to easy on the christians compared to the Ottoman Empire and, in case of Russia, Genghiz Khan... After all, when they invaded Spain, the religions managed to co-exist.
Not really, just look at Balkans which were in conflicts with them for 500 years.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
the very act of thinking (education, reason, and knowledge) makes one an infidel (kufr).
That seems like good news. If we only have to pick off the stupid ones, I would think we have an advantage.
After that, my questions fall apart, like, why doesn't 24/7 surveillance of all communication pick up hints of these organized missions? France doesn't have an NSA? Are the governing powers still smart enough to outwit people that ride camels and tie a bomb around their own neck? Obviously I am way behind in what it takes to understand this.:(

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Not really, just look at Balkans which were in conflicts with them for 500 years.
Ah yes, the Balkans... special case. I dont want to get started on what happened there in the 90s and how we are paying for it right now. But I can tell you that the coverage I saw was direct opposite of the coverage provided by the west. What will we be reading about today in 20-40 years when someone releases relevant documents?

p.s. no-one can win against people who question nothing. That is their strength. If their recruits start questioning why they are blowing themselves up, then ISIS is dead in the water. Common hatred unites them right now

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Agreed... it is hatred (and not their love for their culture or religion) that is their prime mover...
and I think half of it comes from a sense of injustice done to them, and the other half out of sheer jealousy of the prosperity of the western world (as compared to theirs)
And most wars in modern history weren't won because all of the enemy was killed off. They were want through breaking the back of the economy reducing the enemy's ability to fight and from internal pressure of their citizenry.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Agreed... it is hatred (and not their love for their culture or religion) that is their prime mover...
and I think half of it comes from a sense of injustice done to them, and the other half out of sheer jealousy of the prosperity of the western world (as compared to theirs)
They hate us because their deity commands them to, not because of anything we've done to them or failed to do for them.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
That seems like good news. If we only have to pick off the stupid ones, I would think we have an advantage.
After that, my questions fall apart, like, why doesn't 24/7 surveillance of all communication pick up hints of these organized missions? France doesn't have an NSA? Are the governing powers still smart enough to outwit people that ride camels and tie a bomb around their own neck? Obviously I am way behind in what it takes to understand this.:(
These systems are designed to tell us what happened after the fact not to prevent events. Sometimes we get lucky when something rises above the noise level. I agree this is a 'war' we can't win by bombs or bullets. Between the US and the USSR 20 years have been spent turning Afghanistan back to the stone-age and blasting the rubble of the stone-age with little to show from it. The radical Islamic war with civilization is a bottomless pit of hate that will destroy itself if contained, we know it, they know it. It's a Ponzi scheme that will implode without new blood.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
The world has to thank Cheney and 'W' for ISIS.
I really wish that were true but 800 years of history says's it's not.

Sunni Daesh hates Shia Islam (Iran) so this is mainly an internal Islam power struggle. Daesh is upset because it wants the freedom to rule Syria, Iraq, etc.. with it's own brand of crazy. Outside forces like France want that not to happen so Daesh reacts with terror in Paris.

IMO only 2 solutions

1.) Isolate the region completely;
2.) Nuke it into oblivion;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.