Paper Publication in IEEE

pinkey7

Joined Feb 5, 2012
Hi Friends :),
Please let me know how do we publish papers in IEEE, as a part of college work. Bcoz I have researched a lot on this, but its confusing me & also I got an impression that its tough, takes long time & also could not even be completed, etc. etc. :(

Therefore, now I have turned here in this forum for help...

Please reply if U know about this.

Thanks,
Priyanka
<SNIP>

Last edited by a moderator:

pinkey7

Joined Feb 5, 2012
Respected Sir,
Thanks for Ur valuable reply :).

The link was helpful.

But I am quite ignorant about IEEE stuff :(. So, can U please provide me simple imp steps so as to publish my article or paper in IEEE. I am not asking for a spoon fed answer. But the case is, I need urgent help, thts y.

I can write about a topic as per IEEE guidelines. But the thing is, wht do I need to do to publish it? & how will I know that my article/paper is published?

Regards,
Priyanka Vyas
<SNIP>

Last edited by a moderator:

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
You submit your paper to the IEEE per their guidelines and, after reviewing it, they will then contact you about whether it has been accepted for publication or not.

pinkey7

Joined Feb 5, 2012
Sir, Thanks to U as well for this info.

Can U please let me know how to submit my paper in IEEE for their review on it?

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
The guidelines provided are quite straightforward. They review your submission and decide whether they want to publish it or not. If they do not, I believe they usually list the reasons why it was rejected so that you can resubmit it if you think you can make sufficient corrections. It should be easier if you have an instructor on board as co-author and is quite difficult to get something accepted right away.

disclaimer: I do not have anything published in IEEE or other journals, but have worked in research lab where many masters students were stressed out over this exact issue ;)

pinkey7

Joined Feb 5, 2012
Hi Friends,
I really appreciate all Ur help in guiding me in the right direction for publishing a paper in IEEE & for that I am very Thankful for Ur views.

But please dont scare me. I need to submit a paper in IEEE anyhow, because its a mandate thing of our college.

& Yes I have read the link given in second post. Its helpful. I am trying to work out that way, but somehow could get through it.

Hope that this forum will help me and all other students to the fullest in publishing a paper in IEEE.

Regards,
Priyanka Vyas

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
... in publishing a paper in IEEE.
You keep mentioning publishing in IEEE, but it is not too clear if you mean publishing in one of their magazines, journals, newsletters, conferences or other media?

Can you help us to help you by describing exactly what you are trying to publish? Is it professional level research work? -Student level research? Theoretical or experimental work? What field? What subject?

You are being told that you are required to submit and publish in IEEE. Can you provide details on why and with what stipulations and goals? Are you just required to submit and learn the process, or are you required to be accepted for publication as part of your requirements for graduation?

I don't know how we here can help you further without a great deal more information from you. We have no clue what your target is, or even whether you are shooting bullets from a gun, or arrows from a bow. - Or, are they spitballs from a straw?

Hopefully you realize that there are hundreds and hundreds of IEEE journals and IEEE conferences. Submitting to conferences is a great thing for students. The acceptance requirements are usually lower and the paper does not need to be as polished. You can make an oral presentation at the conference, which is great experience for a student. You will get reviewer feedback when you submit the paper. Then you will get live feedback at the conference. Often you can then try to submit that paper to a journal afterwards, and you will get further reviewers feedback at that point.

But, without further details from you, how can we help further? The instructions are generally clear once you target a particular journal or conference. - Assuming that is what you are trying to do.

pinkey7

Joined Feb 5, 2012
Thanks again for ur advice, that I should be more clear on the topic.
But I am just a student, I really didnt knew abt IEEE.

Now I hope to find a way out for myself..... Sorry for trouble.

Good Bye to all....!!!!!

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
Sorry for trouble.
It's no trouble at all. You need only to give more details on what you are doing. Perhaps then we might be able to help you. Do you have any answers to even some of the questions I asked? I understand you are "only" a student, but even a student should have answers to some of these questions.

If you find you don't want to ask further here, can you talk to one of your professors? Perhaps a face-to-face discussion with one of them might be easier and more productive?

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
check out this link http://sceecs.ieeemanit.org/ pertaining to this year's conference. You are best off to stick to student submissions if you are undergrad (?) but do not give up so easily. Also clearly define what you want out of this. It cannot be just for school, why would you want to do it? Because if you don't, you are probably in the wrong field of studies ;)