Pair-single ended to differential signal converter

Sakux

Joined Mar 1, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I need to convert a single input ended to a differential one. They give me an example using only resistors as in the image I attached. I´m not sure how to calculated the different values of the resistors or analysed this circuit. Could anyone help me?

Thank you.

Attachments

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello there welcome to AAC :)
Did your instructor show you the difference between single ended inputs and or outputs and differential inputs and or outputs?
Say no please.

Last edited:

Sakux

Joined Mar 1, 2021
Thank you for your fast response. They taught me the basics but maybe for my inexperience I´m missing something here :oops:

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
First question,
Analog as in a micorphone, or digital as in LVDS / RS422 ?

Sakux

Joined Mar 1, 2021
Hello there welcome to AAC :)
Did your instructor show you the difference between single ended inputs and or outputs and differential inputs and or outputs?
Say no please.
Thank you for your fast response. They taught me the basics but maybe for my inexperience I´m missing something here

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
The TS wants single-ended to differential, not differential to single-ended, which an instrumentation amp does.

Analog single-ended to differential can be done with two op amps, one inverting and one non-inverting.
@crutschow, your right, sorry mis read,

Yes the OP wants either a transformer or a single ended to differential amplifier

Wonder what his frequencies, voltages and bandwidth are ?

e.g.

https://www.ti.com/tool/TIPD131?utm...pWTdGn94KezX7mNCHQgaAt_GEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sakux

Joined Mar 1, 2021
@crutschow, your right, sorry mis read,

Yes the OP wants either a transformer or a single ended to differential amplifier

Wonder what his frequencies, voltages and bandwidth are ?

e.g.

https://www.ti.com/tool/TIPD131?utm...pWTdGn94KezX7mNCHQgaAt_GEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Hello again,

Thank you both of you for your time. I knew you can use and OP to convert differential entries to singled one but not the way around.

The entry specifically it´s from a NTC sensor to measure temperatures. Then they use a microcontroller to measure it. But before that they use this "bridge" of resistances to convert it to a differential signal. I´m not sure how it´s works...

Sakux

Joined Mar 1, 2021
Neither am I.
That does not create a true differential signal.
Thank you for your help. I think I'm gonna use some of your ideas using the OP. There are another way to create a differential signal without this component?

Regards.