Oven controller

Rodrigo Diaz

Joined Aug 1, 2006
Please could somebody help,I need information about microprocessor M 95178 40 pins found y Samsung microwave oven

Thanks Rodrigo

mrmeval

Joined Jun 30, 2006
In general terms it is a microcontroller that has an on board programmable memory.

You need to provide the microwave's model number and ALL the numbers and the manufacturer name/symbol off the microcontroller IC.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I rate your chances of finding useful information between small and vanishingly small. It is likely a proprietary in house design protected by multiple layers of FUD! It is very likely a mask programmed part which would limit its usefullness for other purposes.

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
Even us Techs dont repair uP faults in Microwave ovens. Normally repair is done by replacing the entire Timer PCB and/or the front membrane keypads (which give lots of faults).

mrmeval

Joined Jun 30, 2006
It's true that technicians normally repair the oven by replacing the whole PCB. The last time I worked at a warranty station Samsung would sell microprocessors and some other parts on those PCBs which was nice since it allowed us to get the sale.

The boards were getting to the point they were more expensive than the microwave. :(

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The fear is that if you try to do anything with the unit you will render it inoperative. The uncertainty comes from the cryptic markings on the device, which obscure its identity. The doubt comes from the attitude of customer service people who treat you like you have two heads when you try to gain access to information.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The boards were getting to the point they were more expensive than the microwave.
Transfer pricing has been happening for years. The tarriffs on parts are higher than completed units. That's why in the U.S., it's cheaper to replace than repair most consumer electronics.