Optocoupler use

lovelyhakeem

Joined Dec 15, 2010
Dear Members, I am designing 2 KVa pure sine wave inverter system , using SG3525 to step up 24 Dc to 320 Dc , and then using IR2110 to make pure sine wave by SPWM signals from pic16f684 . I have a question that should I Use any optocoupler (like tlp250) between Microcontroller and Driving circuit or should I give signal directly to IR2110. (plz suggest so that will there be any problem when inductive load is connected ). plz help

Why couldent you keep all your questions about this project within one single thread ?

Spreading out parts of the project into several threads just makes it harder for us to offer assistance.

IT also makes you look much less serious about it as it gives the impression that due to lack of replies in one thread, you reformulate the question a bit and open another thread. and so on.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I am sorry for it . Will take care of it next time . can u plz give further assistance to mine problem plz
In your very first post on this, I gave you a link to a PDF that explains it so even I can understand how to do it. If you follow that for a start, you will be on your way to completion of your project.

lovelyhakeem

Joined Dec 15, 2010
Sir , i have read it out carefully and understand it well . Thank u very much for ur help and much appreciated. I have almost used maximum of them .
But SIR i dont want to rely on single file/article , I have readed a number of different articles related to it , and got new ideas , but when i failed to understand a little i tried to ask in this forum , But i dont know why people here got much irritadet to help(only few but maximum helped me alot ... Thanks alot ). I want to clearify this is not my FYP. I am student and i want to understand this project very well . One time i have Made this project completely and successfully , Now i want further improvement in it , so for that reason i asked .

Now atlast i have attached my schmatic relted to mine thread " Optocoupler help " , If any one can help me that is this schematic well or should i change/ Modify it . SPWM from 16f684 and output of optocoupler to IR2110 . Thanks alot

http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/6259343300_1381514700.png

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Ok, big question for you Hakeem. Why are you using an opto-coupler and a gate driver? The gate driver you chose gives isolation up to ~600V.

And pleas post the schematic to this site, not a third party site. In the future when some one else is researching a problem like this, the third party site may not even be around.

Posting just one element of your project is a bad idea. The whole circuit is needed to see how EVERY thing is connected.

lovelyhakeem

Joined Dec 15, 2010
Sir , I have seen in many articles that it is very good practice to isolate tha Controller crkt
It is always recommended that power stage (high power side) should be separate then control stage (low power side) for safety purposes.. the current/voltage transients can affect the controller operation and drive may not function properly.. mine man problem here that how shoud i connect optocoupler here ?? any help rplz

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
I'm not meaning to disrespect you, but I'm not going to try helping you any more. The reason is that you are playing with high voltages and you don't/can't even know how to wire up an optocoupler. You are going to hurt yourself, and I don't want to be a part of it. Sorry.