1. Mateezy37

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 13, 2019
    Hello everyone my name is Matt, I'm a new member. This is my first post, on this or any other forum for that matter, so please bear with me while I get the hang of this. I must say this is great having a place to come & ask questions of people who are obviously much more experienced and knowledgeable in the field of Electronics than myself. Okay, enough with the rambling and onto my question. I am currently building a magnetic levitator using IR sensors. The electrical diagram that I found online Show 2 op amps drawn on the schematics. In parentheses beside the first op amp it states... (both op amps are one TLO72) . I know that sounds pretty self-explanatory, but to be sure... that does mean he's actually using a single op amp and only shown as two on the schematics in order to make it easier to understand where everything connects.... is that correct?
    Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer this question

2. BobTPH

Jun 5, 2013
    A TL072 is two op amps in a single package.

Bob

3. KeithWalker

Jul 10, 2017
    The TL072 is a dual operational amplifier, meaning that the package contains two identical op-amps. Here is the data sheet::
    http://www.ben.cz/_d/datasheet/tl072.pdf

4. Mateezy37

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 13, 2019
    Thanks alot, that was my guess but I wanted to make sure

5. Audioguru

Expert

Dec 20, 2007
    For things like this you find the answers on the datasheet available on a Google search.

6. dl324

AAC Fanatic!

Mar 30, 2015
    Welcome to AAC!
    You're going to find out fairly quickly that we prefer schematics to a bunch of words describing connectivity that will likely contain insufficient details for anyone to comprehend.
    A proper schematic would show the IC designators and pin numbers. Since TL072 contains 2 opamps, one would likely be labeled 'A' and the other 'B', e.g. IC1A and IC1B.

7. Audioguru

Expert

Dec 20, 2007
    If you are using only one opamp then why use a TL072 dual opamp? You must properly disable the unused opamp to prevent it from oscillating. Use a TL071 opamp instead and it costs less. It has the same 8 pins package and the datasheet shows which pin is which.

8. AnalogKid

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 1, 2013
    Please post the schematic you are using, or a link. I know this will come as a shock and undermine your faith in the universe, but some of the information on the innergoogle is incorrect.

ak

9. Audioguru

Expert

Dec 20, 2007
  10. AnalogKid

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 1, 2013
    Glad to see there is a differentiator in there, but what's with the giant attenuator followed by giant gain?

ak

11. Audioguru

Expert

Dec 20, 2007
    The circuit is silly.