Hi all,
Why after adding external compensation to an op-amp, do the internal lag networks stop contributing to attenuation? I understand that the compensating network's attenuation is designed to level off near the first internal lag network's critcal frequency, such that the -20dB/dec will then be handled by the latter, but why when surpassing the second lag networks critical frequency does the roll-off rate not just become -40dB/dec since the compensating network is no longer affecting the gain?
Also, if the compensating network really just pushes the bode plot to the left, we're not gaining anything are we? (Other than reducing bandwidth?)
One more quick question. Can I assume that all the bode plots of op-amp frequency response are drawn with straight lines for educational purposes only? That is, the gain is not at 100% until (fc1) at which point it takes a sharp angle and starts rolling off at -20dB/dec, and then again at (fc2) at -40dB/dec, etc... right?
I could not find one iota of information related to these topics online or elsewhere, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Why after adding external compensation to an op-amp, do the internal lag networks stop contributing to attenuation? I understand that the compensating network's attenuation is designed to level off near the first internal lag network's critcal frequency, such that the -20dB/dec will then be handled by the latter, but why when surpassing the second lag networks critical frequency does the roll-off rate not just become -40dB/dec since the compensating network is no longer affecting the gain?
Also, if the compensating network really just pushes the bode plot to the left, we're not gaining anything are we? (Other than reducing bandwidth?)
One more quick question. Can I assume that all the bode plots of op-amp frequency response are drawn with straight lines for educational purposes only? That is, the gain is not at 100% until (fc1) at which point it takes a sharp angle and starts rolling off at -20dB/dec, and then again at (fc2) at -40dB/dec, etc... right?
I could not find one iota of information related to these topics online or elsewhere, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited: