Only in Florida

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.tampafp.com/naked-bosto...hrough-florida-police-standoff-gets-arrested/
1631053079893.png

Deputies from the Flight Unit located Abbott on the roof and advised he was armed with a gun and was pointing it toward deputies that were located on the ground.

And then came the naked lady.

Deputies said Jessica Elisabeth Smith, 28, of Boston, Massachusetts, who had absolutely nothing to do with the intense standoff, drove naked on a golf cart into the crime scene and toward the house where the gunman was held up, ignoring deputies commands to leave the scene.

According to the affidavit, Smith “had a distinct odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from her person, and she was completely nude.”
Boston crazy and Florida, the perfect storm.

Last edited:

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
DeSantis said in a news conference Friday that vaccines help people to avoid severe illness from COVID-19. But instead of saying everyone who's eligible should be vaccinated, the governor added a caveat.

"At the end of the day though, it's about your health and whether you want that protection or not," DeSantis said. "It really doesn't impact me or anyone else."

Except for the other people that will get the disease from one of the unvaccinated person getting Covid, and the upwards of $50k that a typical hospitalization for Covid costs, that the rest of us indirectly pay.

Is he really that clueless?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
DeSantis said in a news conference Friday that vaccines help people to avoid severe illness from COVID-19. But instead of saying everyone who's eligible should be vaccinated, the governor added a caveat.

"At the end of the day though, it's about your health and whether you want that protection or not," DeSantis said. "It really doesn't impact me or anyone else."

Except for the other people that will get the disease from one of the unvaccinated person getting Covid, and the upwards of $50k that a typical hospitalization for Covid costs, that the rest of us indirectly pay.

It's Florida, Man.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
And that's what I've been telling my choice-vax friends all along (they don't like being called anti-vax... so, whatever)
Getting vaccinated is not a personal issue, it's a social one. The hospitals are now saturated with people that refused the vaccine. And now thanks to them people with legitimate issues are being turned away... and I use the word "legitimate" because the idiots that refused the vaccine did have a choice from the very beginning.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
the idiots that refused the vaccine did have a choice from the very beginning.
They like to frame it as a "freedom of choice", but that's bogus.
We are all free to do whatever we want.
It's the consequences of that choice that's the issue.
I certainly have the freedom of choice to go punch someone in the face or shoot them dead, but there will be serious personal consequences for that (at least if I'm caught).

So the freedom to get vaccinated or not also has consequences, other than just getting yourself sick (why should vaccination be exempt?).
Smallpox, polio, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, measles, rubella, and other serious illnesses are rare because a vast majority of people got vaccinations for these, to give us herd immunity.
Thus, if choosing not to get vaccinated means being barred from your job, or not going to public locations, or a Doctor refusing to treat you, or having to pay extra for medical insurance, then I believe that those are reasonable consequences for such an irresponsible act during a pandemic, since the result of you becoming sick is a significant burden on society, and preventing us from reaching the herd immunity status.

I think we all have a responsibility to the society we choose to live in, as well as to ourselves.
It would seem if you don't believe that, then it's reasonable to expect that you should live far away from the rest of society.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Smallpox, polio, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, measles, rubella,
And adding to (and in support of) your point ... what about rabies? ... should we allow an unvaxinated person that's already come into contact with an infected animal freely run around the place, claiming it's his or her "personal right and undeniable freedom" to do so?

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
not sure what seem to be the problem... if the covid vaccine is effective and offers robust protection, just go and get it - protect yourself. be adult about it and stop forcing others to get it.
That's fine as long as people who don't get vaccinated will not burden our medical system when they catch Covid so they will not risk the lives of my family members who work in the medical industry, and will not cause $50000+ hospital bills that will eventually cause my insurance rates to increase. I'm ready to be an adult as long as the unvaccinated are also adults and take FULL responsibility for their decision - and quietly suffer their stupidity and illness in their own homes,

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Ummm... Maybe this should move over to the Covid thread instead of the Only in Florida thread?
Probably.
But I'm through with this because the anti-vaxers are obviously permanently living in there own little selfish, paranoid world of alternate facts and misconceptions (and yet I'm called selfish because I don't want Covid Mary's running around and hospitals full of dying Covid patients).

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
not sure what seem to be the problem... if the covid vaccine is effective and offers robust protection, just go and get it - protect yourself. be adult about it and stop forcing others to get it.
Two more reasons. The vaccine is not 100% effective, so even the vaccinated are still at risk. And children under 12 are not eligible for vaccinations yet.

The spread of the virus is inversely proportional to the square of the percentage of people vaccinated. So having 70 percent vaccinated is only half as effective as having 100% vaccinated.

Bob

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Two more reasons. The vaccine is not 100% effective, so even the vaccinated are still at risk. And children under 12 are not eligible for vaccinations yet.

The spread of the virus is inversely proportional to the square of the percentage of people vaccinated. So having 70 percent vaccinated is only half as effective as having 100% vaccinated.

Bob
Where did you get that equation?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://www.villages-news.com/2021/...ving-golf-cart-at-25-mph-on-florida-turnpike/
Villager arrested after driving golf cart at 25 mph on Florida Turnpike

The trooper asked the New York native how she had strayed onto the turnpike and she said she did not know. She admitted she had “about three drinks with dinner at Brownwood Square in The Villages,” the report said.

Crispino performed poorly on field sobriety exercises and provided breath samples that registered .150 and .157 blood alcohol content. She was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence and booked at the Sumter County Detention Center. She was released after posting $500 bond. Her golf cart was towed from the scene.