Old ALERT MONITOR RECEIVER, a Motorola MO3CNB, Crystals frequency questions.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I just got two "classic" monitor receivers at the close of a radio swap. 1970's vintage receivers. A really great price. They were originally for monitoring VHF FM hi-band, I want to change them to monitor our local repeater at 146.640. Somebody had started the frequency change, but the crystal frequencies make no sense to me, because it appears that the first IF is not 10.7 Mhz, and no clue about the second IF either. My internet search brings up no tech information about the IF frequencies,, just a lot of ebay listings. so does anybody have actual information about the IFs or the crystal formulas??

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You need to get the make and model of the radio and search for the service manual, it might have the xtal information overtone .

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Make and model: MOTOROLA, MO3CNB1100A. That wassupposed to be in the title to this post. I tried that already, A few parts for sale on EBAY, and some guy has a bunch of crystals for the VHF HI-Band frequencies for sale. NOBODY lists the manual or even the model, including Motorola Manuals site. Thus my post here.