Off the shelf dcdc converter 12V to +175V or 12V to +175V & -175V

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
Hi all
Can anyone recommend a dcdc converter as a part/product that already exists that has an input of 12V and outputs +175V and -175V or a part/product that has an input of 12V and output +175V. At a power of 375W. Any recommendations would be warmly welcome if they could come from a well known distributor that would be even better.

Kind Regards

Art

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Asking the same question over and over in different threads will not get you better answers over time. Sorry. How many threads like this do you have now?

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
Asking the same question over and over in different threads will not get you better answers over time. Sorry. How many threads like this do you have now?
This is different mate previous ones asked for design suggestions I have gone down that route this is asking for suggestion for a prexisting product please take the time to read and distinguish the difference any unhelpful comments would be better left in your head perhaps?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
This is different mate previous ones asked for design suggestions I have gone down that route this is asking for suggestion for a prexisting product please take the time to read and distinguish the difference any unhelpful comments would be better left in your head perhaps?
You don't get to make demands of responders. You put something out there you take what comes back. It was never written that you have to like it. Just provide the responsive answer.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
yeah thats fair sorry about that
OK. Since you struck out with design help for your requirements. It is not unreasonable to ask if there is already something you can use that might be close. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I find the prospect highly unlikely. I wish you luck in your search.

artmaster547

Joined Jan 6, 2016
OK. Since you struck out with design help for your requirements. It is not unreasonable to ask if there is already something you can use that might be close. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I find the prospect highly unlikely. I wish you luck in your search.
Ah I see yeah just doing a passing search struggled to find anything that meets the requiremnets back to the drawing board I guess

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
But it is still for the same "project", correct? I did read what you said, but don't understand why you would think a "pre- existing" one would be out there when the way to build one yourself isn't. How many things even use 175V? Then to me at least it isn't clear whether it is bipolar DC or AC you're after.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
How critical is your voltage requirement?
If you use 12V to 120V inverter, and rectify the output with a voltage doubler circuit, you will get something approaching your requirement.
And an adjustment to the inverter feedback will raise the volts a bit.
PlusMinusInverter.jpg
This would probably have fairly high ripple but may be worth a shot.
1KW inverters are quite cheap so that would be a good place to start. Go bigger than you need for better regulation and life.
And the output volts will depend on the wave shape so a sine wave version will work better as the output volts will be higher.
Another way is to use 2 units, as long as the outputs are isolated, and just tap off the inverter high voltage DC point internally.

Last edited: