OCD much?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
By height. Also I take care that all the front covers face the same direction and that the spines are in the same plane.

But it's rather grouping than sorting. I 'm not that picky in that sector.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I suppose that's possible

Do all the clocks in your house/car have to be accurate?

I am picky with clocks
Clock on micro, stove and cars, lives their own lives within 2-3 minutes difference.

Clock on night table, ten minutes too fast. That way, when I check the time in the morning, I either get up in a hurry, or I lie in bed calculating 10 min back. By the time I'm done, I'm so awake that it's time to get up.

Besides waking up in the night, check what time it is and the turn the back to the world and sleep for another few hours is one of the best feelings ever. :D

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I used to be very picky with clock precision. But since I bought a hybrid analog-digital wrist watch, whose indices need to be adjusted with buttons (a very unpractical task) I have stopped switching to DST altogether.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I am very picky about clocks, but lately I've just used automatically-updated clocks (on my computer and phone). My alarm clock is set about 15 minutes fast, for the reason that nerdegutta mentioned.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have a minor case of OCD, but otherwise the packrat gene predominates.

I set my watch to the second.
All my resistors must face the same directions (for readability).
I try to be a perfectionist on my drawings (is this OCD?).

To some extent perfectionism is always a good thing. If someones life depends on what I work on I would rather it be perfect than not. And yes, this is the case with our product line.

On the other hand I can ignore a mess forever. This is the packrat gene expressing itself. Piles of papers don't bother me a bit.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
How are your books organized? By height or alphabetically?
Height! It looks better :)
Do all the clocks in your house/car have to be accurate?
My computer, alarm clock, and phone all have to be accurate to the minute and synced with my school systems clocks or it bugs me.
(the progression being looking at my laptop during school, it needs to have the same time; same with the alarm clock, and the phone and alarm clock need to be the same. Since schools the only one I cant change, it sets my times.)
I don't really care about the other clocks in the house, and the one in my car is 1 hour and 6 minutes fast (the effort required to change it outweighs my OCD to have it correct)

setting the alarm clock fast doesn't help, because I just end up setting the time it goes off later :p

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I have a minor case of OCD, but otherwise the packrat gene predominates.

I set my watch to the second.
All my resistors must face the same directions (for readability).
I try to be a perfectionist on my drawings (is this OCD?).

To some extent perfectionism is always a good thing. If someones life depends on what I work on I would rather it be perfect than not. And yes, this is the case with our product line.

On the other hand I can ignore a mess forever. This is the packrat gene expressing itself. Piles of papers don't bother me a bit.
Sounds exactly the same as me, Bill!

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hi.

I think I have OCD. but different from yours.
Obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry, by repetitive behaviors aimed at reducing the associated anxiety, or by a combination of such obsessions and compulsions.
in older days, im going to do rituals (it varies) just to relieve my OCD.

i also have like of many yours

The phrase obsessive–compulsive has become part of the English lexicon, and is often used in an informal or caricatured manner to describe someone who is excessively meticulous, perfectionistic, absorbed, or otherwise fixated.[4] Although these signs are present in OCD, a person who exhibits them does not necessarily have OCD, and may instead have obsessive–compulsive personality disorder (OCPD)
it's OCPD. so i have OCD and OCPD. but what really makes me so bad is the OCD. :(

ok guys

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hi.

I think I have OCD. but different from yours.

in older days, im going to do rituals (it varies) just to relieve my OCD.

i also have like of many yours

it's OCPD. so i have OCD and OCPD. but what really makes me so bad is the OCD. :(

ok guys
I have had an anxiety problem since I was very young. I've since learned to control it, though it still rears its head every now and then.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Guess I'm just mildly OCPD then, anxiety isn't much of a problem for me. Except when under lots of stress, but that's normal.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
anyway guys, you know already that im into crystal radio.

i want to have a little LCD there (lol) showing the frequency... and i want to have a clicker so i can just click the numbers of frequency so exact!

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
anyway guys, you know already that im into crystal radio.

i want to have a little LCD there (lol) showing the frequency... and i want to have a clicker so i can just click the numbers of frequency so exact!
So you really want it to be perfect?

(Just trying to link everything back to the thread :D)