Niko p50n03ldg mosfet or alternative options

Cepega

Joined Apr 4, 2017
Hello,

I am looking for about 2-4 Niko p50n03ldg mosfets and/or need to find out what the other manufacturer part numbers are and where to buy it from.
I am trying to replace the damaged one on the MSI motherboard, looks like there are quite a few generations of MSI board that used these.
It seems to be a hard task to find one for sale, most results are pointing to its datasheet: http://www.cheertech.com.tw/Niko-sem/Data sheet/P50n03LDG.pdf

Thank you

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hello,

I am looking for about 2-4 Niko p50n03ldg mosfets and/or need to find out what the other manufacturer part numbers are and where to buy it from.
I am trying to replace the damaged one on the MSI motherboard, looks like there are quite a few generations of MSI board that used these.
It seems to be a hard task to find one for sale, most results are pointing to its datasheet: http://www.cheertech.com.tw/Niko-sem/Data sheet/P50n03LDG.pdf

Thank you
Its 50A 30V - a lot of motherboards are more likely to have 80A parts. The onboard switchers on MOBOs run pretty fast, so you can't use just any old MOSFET. Probably easier to salvage the parts you need. Asian 2SK MOSFETs aren't uncommon and the numbers don't give you any clue to the ratings - but you can usually download the data sheet. Some examples are only 20V, so you need to check and make sure you don't mix them up.

Its handy to know that these devices usually have a better VGSthr than a lot of logic level MOSFETs.

Cepega

Joined Apr 4, 2017
Its 50A 30V - a lot of motherboards are more likely to have 80A parts. The onboard switchers on MOBOs run pretty fast, so you can't use just any old MOSFET. Probably easier to salvage the parts you need. Asian 2SK MOSFETs aren't uncommon and the numbers don't give you any clue to the ratings - but you can usually download the data sheet. Some examples are only 20V, so you need to check and make sure you don't mix them up.

Its handy to know that these devices usually have a better VGSthr than a lot of logic level MOSFETs.

I did looked at datasheet (link was attached in original posting), I was not able to locate replacement mosfet with those ratings, there are bunch of ones close to it ( lower or higher ratings), but nothing exact. There were couple places overseas, but seemed abit sketchy do deal with and their prices/order quantities would not justify it.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I did looked at datasheet (link was attached in original posting), I was not able to locate replacement mosfet with those ratings, there are bunch of ones close to it ( lower or higher ratings), but nothing exact. There were couple places overseas, but seemed abit sketchy do deal with and their prices/order quantities would not justify it.
You don't need exact ratings - a higher current rating is OK. A higher voltage rating probably means compromises on other parameters, so you should probably get that one right. A salvage part from a similar MOBO will probably be OK as long as you bear those in mind.

Free recycling groups are good places to look, and you might even end up with something better off using than stripping.

Sources of discarded MOBOs vary with country - but they're there if you look for them.

Cepega

Joined Apr 4, 2017
It should not be more than a couple of bucks part and that's overpaying for it. (LOL)
I don't really want to deviate from the original specs too much though. Digikey did not show too many result for me unless I've looked it up incorrectly.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
It should not be more than a couple of bucks part and that's overpaying for it. (LOL)
I don't really want to deviate from the original specs too much though. Digikey did not show too many result for me unless I've looked it up incorrectly.
Its not the sort of service spare that I've seen many adverts for.

It might be only a couple of bucks - but how much is the time it takes to find one worth?

Cepega

Joined Apr 4, 2017
That's is why I am asking here if anyone knows of another manufacturer of the same part (specs) or at least very close to the spec of original.

I do not to install something just to have it installed and cause problems like burning some other parts on the board and rendering it useless.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
That's is why I am asking here if anyone knows of another manufacturer of the same part (specs) or at least very close to the spec of original.

I do not to install something just to have it installed and cause problems like burning some other parts on the board and rendering it useless.
Most of us could only do the same search as you did, and get the same results (or lack of).

The manufacturers would probably rather you didn't repair it and don't put much effort into supplying service parts - most that do, charge as much as a new motherboard. Salvage could be your only option. Post a wanted on free recycling groups - you could end up with a better motherboard.