Nice protoboards

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
What circuitry is on the reverse side? And what supplier sells them, and what is the price?? And how is the delivery after the order?

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, I clicked the link and now I will get all kinds of ads for things that I do not want. And I see that the boards are $10 USD each, for what looks like paper-phenolic PCBs that look nice but may have poorly bonded copper.
When you click on a link you start to get that junk mail. Or is that a scheme to get folks to click on the links???

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
OK, I clicked the link and now I will get all kinds of ads for things that I do not want. And I see that the boards are $10 USD each, for what looks like paper-phenolic PCBs that look nice but may have poorly bonded copper.
When you click on a link you start to get that junk mail. Or is that a scheme to get folks to click on the links???
I didn't make you click. I'm just saying the OP posted all the necessary info for people who are interested. If you just clicked to give your commentary, that's on you. If you are in the market for protoboards, then enjoy the variety of ads and let us know what ones you selected and add a review for us.

Also, thanks for clicking for me and sharing the price - I didn't click because I didn't want to get any ads.

upand_at_them

Joined May 15, 2010
I don't understand the complaint about ads. The link I provided is the bare link, without additional parameters in the URL. You can see that by mousing over the link. I also use the FireFox browser with the uBlock Origin add-on, so I say: "Ads?...What ads?" *

If it wasn't obvious by the above image, those boards have the same layout as the typical small breadboards we've all used. ** I just thought they might be useful. I know that style has been out for a while, but I thought the price was certainly attractive.

* I don't want a response to that. Either click the link or don't, I don't care.
** I don't care if you've used breadboards or not.

P.S. The boards appear to be FR4; definitely not paper. They're also definitely not $10 each.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
And I see that the boards are $10 USD each, for what looks like paper-phenolic PCBs that look nice but may have poorly bonded copper.
When I click I see 5 PCS for $11.98 or about $2.39 each. If you have better quality at a better price please do share. Wife buys all sorts of stuff in this house from Amazon and she never gets junk email. Amazon prime also nets free shipping. Paper towels, toilet paper to coffee just like the arrow, A to Z., Amazon works fine for us. Super Market one case of paper towels and a case of toilet paper and the cart is full. Naw, Amazon is my new best friend.

Ron

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Amazon prime also nets free shipping.
I get free shipping without prime, I just have to wait one more day usually.
Generally returns on Amazon are very easy and quick refund, However, some of the purchases from Chinese suppliers on Amazon want you to pay the return shipping and they will credit on receipt, which from here is about 2mths. o_O

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I get free shipping without prime, I just have to wait one more day usually.
Generally returns on Amazon are very easy and quick refund, However, some of the purchases from Chinese suppliers on Amazon want you to pay the return shipping and they will credit on receipt, which from here is about 2mths. o_O
I live about a mile from a Kohl's store. The process Amazon returns if purchases directly from Amazon (I.e. not an Amazon Marketplace Seller). I've never seen an email ad from Amazon, no matter what I've clicked on.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I am in Canada, the refundable returns go through the Alberta depot.
Well live and learn. Wife did just have something arrive sort of busted up. The package apparently didn't fare well. Online chat, printed a return label and UPS picked it up. She did wait a few days for a full credit but she already reordered. Anyway for many things Amazon simply works for us. Heck for the price I may order five of those boards. I figure at $12 bucks not much to lose and I'll eventually use them. :)

Ron

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
... I just copy and paste in an email to my wife across the room. :)

Ron
Years ago, I'd laugh at couples sitting at a restaurant table, each scrolling though their own phone and not talking to each other. I told my wife that we would eventually be like that too. She immediately declared a new family rule. Alcohol and devices cannot be at the table at the same time (unless it's for Spotify). Phones are rarely at the table.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Years ago, I'd laugh at couples sitting at a restaurant table, each scrolling though their own phone and not talking to each other. I told my wife that we would eventually be like that too. She immediately declared a new family rule. Alcohol and devices cannot be at the table at the same time (unless it's for Spotify). Phones are rarely at the table.
Absolutely! Half the time I forget where my phone is and I'm fine with that. Even before cellular phones I was never much the phone talker. I go to a restaurant to enjoy the food. I won't even take a call in a restaurant or most places assuming I even have my phone. We still have and use the house phone and those who know us if they wish to call just use the landline.

Ron