Nice protoboards

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Traces are tin plated on what I got. The boards are 2.5" wide and 3,7" tall. Thickness is 0.060" and look to be phenolic material. I figure for what I got and a little over two bucks a board I have no complaints. Would I use them for safety of life or flight? No but for basic hobby projects they look like they will do just fine. They are sturdy little boards. I'm good with them as to bang for buck. :)

Ron

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
OK, I clicked the link and now I will get all kinds of ads for things that I do not want. And I see that the boards are $10 USD each, for what looks like paper-phenolic PCBs that look nice but may have poorly bonded copper.
When you click on a link you start to get that junk mail. Or is that a scheme to get folks to click on the links???
It's been a few days now, can you share some of the junk mail you've received since you clicked?

upand_at_them

Joined May 15, 2010
look to be phenolic material.
Okay, my experience here is limited. They *looked* like FR4 to me. I could have proven it to myself, though, by snapping a board in half and looking for the fibers, but I wasn't willing to do that. The edge does look smoother than the typical Chinese FR4, though. I guess phenolic is cheaper to make?

Still good proto boards, in my opinion, for moving something from a small breadboard to more permanent status. Could even start out right on this proto board. One thing I would like to have seen is power rails running down the empty middle channel.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
I could have proven it to myself, though, by snapping a board in half and looking for the fibers, but I wasn't willing to do that.
:) Me either! While I found the price reasonable I am not about to sacrifice a board to find out looking for fibers and as you commented the edges are very smooth on what showed up on my doorstep.

Ron

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Usually all it takes is a bright light and sharp eyes, or maybe a simple magnifier. The cut edges of the paper-phenlic look much different from tghe cut edges of any type of glass circuit board. Shine a bright light through and they look different also.
No need for any destructive testing.