News from SgtWookie

Lehthanis

Joined Dec 30, 2011
Adding my Prayers! I'm going to put him on my church's prayer list as well. He's been a HUGE help to me in the few days I've been on this site.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Got through talking to some very scared women, about 3 hours worth tonight. Wookie made it through. He was out of surgery around 6PM this evening, he is going to be well out of it for 3 days or so, so this is the only point of contact. I'll let you know whatever as I find out more.

If you consider Wookie a friend please mail me cards, I promise I will forward them all! He needs to know his friends are thinking about him.

Internet works too, but don't expect to see him online anytime soon. He'll still get well wishes faster though the internet than snail mail though.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
<shakes head>

Wookie, you are unbelievable. If someone had split my breastbone down the middle I'm pretty sure I would still be laying still griping about it.

Glad to see you back.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Thank God!

I've been waiting outside the op room for you to come out and help me with this circuit. It just would not work for me and I've spent blood, sweat and tears on this. You know, I've even installed all the bypass thingies like you told me to.

Hope you have a heart to help me fix this.

Tanks in advance, Sgt.

wmodavis

Joined Oct 23, 2010
"annoying the cute nurses in the ICU too much "

- That's a real good sign! I think I already said that there is life after heart surgery.

I had my OH surgery @ age 51 and now at 68 an active mountain biker. Keep harrassing those nurses! We're all rooting for you!

I hope they didn't use one of those dangerous high voltage things to re-start your heart. If so we can't talk about it here.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Welcome back to the land of the frustrated, Sgt. Take it easy now, try to answer less than half of the active questions in AAC.

Did they give you a diet?

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I am glad you are doing so well, but don't over do.
Is it possible to overdo cute nurses...?:rolleyes:

Go get them Sarge!

Mom had one of those surgeries, at the age of 72. She is now 80. They took some blood veins from her legs and put in the heart. The best thing to do is to walk in the woods. Maybe not today, but next week. And wiggle your toes, if the took blood veins from them, but I'm sure you know that already.

Are you in the clear now?

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
This is a quote from the statistics lesson that I taught today:
“Can chest pain be relieved by drilling holes in the heart? For more than a decade, surgeons have been using a laser procedure to drill holes in the heart. Many patients report a lasting and dramatic decrease in angina symptoms. Is the relief due to the procedure, or is it a placebo effect? A recent research project at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City provided some information about this issue by using a randomized two-treatment experiment. The laser treatment was applied through a less invasive (catheter laser) process. A group of 298 volunteers with severe, untreatable chest pain were randomly assigned to get the laser or not. The patients were sedated but awake. They could hear the doctors discuss the laser process. Each patient thought he or she was receiving the treatment. The laser patients did well. But shockingly, the placebo group showed more improvement in pain relief. The medical impacts of this study are still being investigated.” (Understandable Statistics, Brase, Houghton Mifflin Pub.)
Is your rate of recovery simply miraculous or did you just THINK that you had surgery (placebo effect)???? :)

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Thank God!

I've been waiting outside the op room for you to come out and help me with this circuit. It just would not work for me and I've spent blood, sweat and tears on this. You know, I've even installed all the bypass thingies like you told me to.

Hope you have a heart to help me fix this.

Tanks in advance, Sgt.
Hahaha. Mr. Chips, as I told someone when they asked me to build that circuit, "You get the components and I'll build it for you!" :D:D:D

It's great to have you back Sgt. I hope your recovery goes smoothly and quickly! :)

Best wishes,
Der Strom

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I am optomistic that you will be fine soon, Sgt Wookie.
Recently I went to a reunion with many of the people I went to school with and worked with long ago. I told them about my heart attack and surgery for 2 stents to hold open the arteries of my heart and many had the same operation and more stents, a few had their heart arteries bypassed like you, a few had at least one pacemaker one had a heart transplant and we are all fine.