News from SgtWookie

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Just got off the phone with Wookie, it is good news and bad news.

Bad news first,

It is a lot worst than they thought. They are scheduling a triple or quaduple bypass for this Thursday. Most folks already know this, but this is major heart surgery.

The good news,

He didn't have to have a major heart attack for them to find it. This means his heart was spared major trauma. The surgery is bad enough, but if the heart disease had run its course it would have been much, much worse.

We almost lost our friend, and he isn't out of the woods yet. I will try to keep in touch, and let everyone know how is going.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Sad, sad news.

I cross my fingers that Wookie's operation goes as planned. Send him our best regards and wishes for a fast recovery, next time you contact him.

As always, let me know if I can do something.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Thanks Bill for making sgtwookie's current medical condition available to us.

I know many of our members look forward to any updates you are able to provide.

hgmjr

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Thank you for keeping us posted.

Is there an address to send a get well card to? Maybe a breadboard and a bag of parts to go with the card?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Don't know, but I'll ask. I got around two cards for Been there, we may use the same address for this. Personally I'm very hinky about giving personal address out to the public for all to see.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey bill keep us up to date.

I will pray for his good health.

A get well card from the other side of the world will lift up the spirits.

When was this bill ? I think he was here around two days back.

Rbeckett

Joined Sep 3, 2010
Bill,
Give the wookie our thoughts and prayers when you speak with him again. He definately taught me a ton and continues to every time he answers a question.
Bob

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hey bill keep us up to date.

I will pray for his good health.

A get well card from the other side of the world will lift up the spirits.

When was this bill ? I think he was here around two days back.
Just in case I don't post any more...

I made it a priority to contact him after this message. If you send a card to the PO Box I listed for beenthere, be sure to include the CO Bill Marsden, I will make it a priority to forward it to the correct address.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The address is the following:

Joyce Bennett and Family
c/o Bill Marsden
P.O. Box 460561
Garland, TX 75046-0566
United States of America

The "Joyce Bennett and Family" part stays the same, right? It goes through your hands, anyway. Am I right?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Nope. I'm not sure Wookie would appreciate me giving his name out so address it as follows...

SgtWookie
c/o Bill Marsden
P.O. Box 460561
Garland, TX 75046-0566
United States of America

If he gives the go ahead for his real name I'll modify this post. If you already know his real name go ahead and use it.

It will still go through my hands. Understand, the surgery is tomorrow. If you send a card there is no chance of him getting it until after. From everything I've heard, baring complications patients are up and about pretty quickly.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Just hung up the phone with Wookie, he sounded in good spirits. There are a lot of things up in the air right now (like who's doing the surgery), so communications are touch and go. He will be on the site now and then, but it is a hospital setup with a really weak browser, so if he does respond it will probably be more social than technical.

This means he probably has seen the card all ready, I forgot to ask.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Now that those have the address, might want to edit it out of the posts so it doesn't sit in google's cache.

Or PM it to future people asking.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
The Sarg need rest,even good exitment can be not good now.We will have
plently of time,he has already responded,lets let him rest.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
OK, this is the scary part. I saw him online this morning and asked how it was going. He is not going to be here for a few days, by my reckoning he has already gone under the knife.

Well, I got shaved early this AM, then I showered and used some anti-infection wipes over my chest and legs. I'm basically all set to go into surgery. They should be coming to wheel me out of here in about an hour and 20 minutes.

After that, I'll be in surgery for perhaps 4-6 hours, then in the ICU for 2-3 days. The ICU is on the 2nd floor, same as cardiac surgery. I won't see much of my Mom or sister while I'm in the ICU. Once they're sure I am stable, they will move me back up here to the 8th floor, where I'll probably be for another 5 days.

After that, I've been told I can be in a convalescent facility for up to 45 days. After the convalescent facility, I am not sure. But I just need to make it through today for the moment.