New to electronics design and very eager to learn as much as possible to create thi

dromaine72

Joined May 7, 2017
New to electronics design but very eager to learn. I am a automotive mechanic and I am very good with automotive electronics. I am wanting to learn about design/ fabrication of all types of electronics. Right now I have things I would like to create mainly for vehicles but I am also interested in smart home design. I plan on designing and building my retirement home and want to incorporate smart home design. I love to read and want to learn from enthusiasts like yourselves. I have a good understanding of electronics/ electricity. What do you guys suggest I read/ do to get started?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
For creating circuit boards you could look at the free S/W such as Kicad, also there is a Hong Kong site that produces qty 10 10cm x 10cm PCCT boards for $5.00, Seeed Electronics.
Max.

dromaine72

Joined May 7, 2017
For creating circuit boards you could look at the free S/W such as Kicad, also there is a Hong Kong site that produces qty 10 10cm x 10cm PCCT boards for $5.00, Seeed Electronics.
Max.
Thanks for the info Max. I'm going to save the links for future use.