Needed help in buying car battery

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
The doors had mechanical opening with the key, as well as the normal electrical locking mechanism.
The E34 has a mechanical unlock that doesn't always work. On some models it only works on the front passenger door, on others it only works on the drivers door. It seems to work better if the battery has a little juice; not enough to operate the power door locks, but enough to activate the solenoid with some mechanical assist. I've found it to be unreliable. The E34 has been sitting for over 9 months until I figure it's worth the pain (back injury from an auto accident 5 years ago) to muck with it.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I wonder if it's possible to jump the car without opening the hood. Say - put the positive lead on the starter terminal directly before the solenoid and the negative on some solidly grounded part on the car. Yeah, you'd have to crawl under it IF the starter is accessible from underneath. Not all cars are accessible from underneath. Wife's former 1989 Toyota Celica - the starter terminals were accessible from up in the engine compartment. But my old Chevy Nova the starter was underneath.

Better yet - just get a horse and buggy. For heat - - - well, I'm still trying to figure a way to make a gasoline heater that only produces heat from its chemical energy storage. (Hydrocarbons)

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
ALL of the vehicles that I have ever owned had the battery under the hood, or otherwise outside of the passenger compartment. I have seen a wet cell lead-acid battery develop an internal short circuit while the vehicle was parked and everything was off. FORTUNATELY we were working in the garage and noticed the smoke and removed the battery very quickly, before it started a car fire, which would have destroyed the garage and probably the barn 50 feet away. A battery inside is asking for trouble. Possibly not getting that trouble, but why ask for it???

waynesmith

Joined Jan 7, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for your reply and all the information which you have provided is very useful for me and i appreciate that but after doing some research on the web i have found this post and after reading the post all my doubts got cleared and now i am finally going to buy ACDelco ACDB24R Advantage AGM Automotive.

Thankyou!