Need Wiring Help For Ryobi Electric Mower

TommyLee

Joined Sep 22, 2020
I have a Ryobi RY40108 40V dc. wiring got pinched and now mower is useless. Has a HUA JIE16-12-27 motor controller. Suspect controller. Trying to find out what the wiring of the controller is? Three wire PWM with one orange wire (T1) for the motor. 40 V red/black power. The wires not known are the red/yellow/brown/black ribbon wires to the controller. Tried all resources of the factory and they are no help. Does Anyone know what the function of these ribbon wires are?

TommyLee

Joined Sep 22, 2020
Here are pictures of the controller and motor. I know the four wires from the motor to the controller. I know the power cables from the battery and the T1 cable connected to the battery. What is not known is the small 22 ga. ribbon wires colored red,yellow,brown,black. If i know what the functions of each wire is then i can test the controller with simulated input on those wires.

Attachments

narkeleptk

Joined Mar 11, 2019
Not much can be seen with these photo's. Least for me anyway. I would suggest taking photo's of both ends of the wire with any pcb/sensor/switch/etc... included if possible.

TommyLee

Joined Sep 22, 2020
I can't see any broken wires?
The wires that got pinched were in the handle of the mower. The damage it did is not known yet. I would like to test the controller but without knowing what the wire functions are i am unable to simulate the original wiring to it. I repaired the wires but knowing worked. Now i would like to build a test circuit to check the controller. The switches were start, safety level and full handle extension switches. I would like to verify that only switches are control inputs on the controller (just the four ribbon conductors). With a know function for each red, brown, yellow and black wire i can bypass the wiring and test the controller/motor directly?

Demonsgirl

Joined Aug 22, 2021
I too would like this information. The wires go to multiple switches in the handle of the mower. The wiring diagram doesn't show the brown wire connected. It looks like 4 wires come out of the controller but only 3 wires go up to the handle. Both the yellow wire and the Red wire connect to the black in the switches. I'm trying to hack this motor and controller for a different application. In may haste to get it up and running I did melt the contact of the red wire at the connector. Now I'm not sure the controller is even any good. There is also a 4 wire ribbon that is labeled tilt sensor does anyone know how these wires work with the controller? Attached is a wiring drawing for the mower.
1629675781647.png

Sid723

Joined Oct 9, 2015
I would think the tilt sensor is there to stop the motor immediately if the mower were accidentally turned over. It is for safety.