Need verification on power supply- will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajrenzetti

Joined Dec 20, 2010
I'm currently designing a circuit which will require around 100VDC 400mA (exact voltage and amperage can vary a little). I've designed the circuit for the power supply, which will be separate from the main circuit for my project.

I've built the schematic to reflect what the suggested circuit should look like for my project on the IC (TL783) datasheet. The resistors following the first TL783 IC are 30W each on a TO-220 package (which will be on a heat sink just in case), so 40 watts of power shouldn't be a problem for them. The two pads at the top labeled SW in and SW out are for the wires which will connect to an external flip switch rated for 115AC mains voltage. The board needs to provide the proper output, + or - a few volts and mA, from 115V AC mains, and provide short circuit protection. If you look at the TL783 datasheet, you will see a few example circuits, two of which are being used in this design. When i test this board out, I'll be attaching the output to a 20ohm 100W resistor to simulate the load, as both the power supply and H-Bridge circuit will be sharing the same "on/off" switch, but through a relay to isolate the voltages. The board has ratsnests all connected to neutral to help isolate some of the emf that would probably result from operation of this circuit.TL783 supply sch.png

Here's what I want to know before actually ordering the parts and building the board:
1) Obviously, will this circuit work?
2) If not, does it short out?
3) What can I do to fix it?

I've shorted way too many circuits in the past, especially when connected to mains voltage. So, I'm hoping someone can help me with this before I actually start committing to the design.

My apologies if the schematic and board are hard to read. I a bit new to eagle; used to using proteus, but I haven't installed it to my new pc. Plus I hear creating G-code for cnc routing is easier on eagle, especially when using Mach3 to control the CNC.

Attachments

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised and however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Make no mistake, these circuits are deadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.