Need to identify proper driver for a LED light

vernwellstein

Joined Feb 7, 2019
First time repairing a LED. A year after purchase, my barn light started flashing non stop every seconds. At first I thought it was the light sensor but changing it did not solve the issue. The next possible culprit would be the driver, but unfortunately there is nothing written on it to identify the type of voltage it outputs (whether it is 12v, 24v, or further up in the 50ish range) . To make matters worse, the company that made it went bankrupt last year and there is no more info online regarding this model.

The light consist of a 40 watt led module (8C6B 48pcs 2835). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Do you have access to enable you to see how all the LEDs are interconnected (e.g. all in series, or in parallelled strings) ?
What is your mains voltage/frequency?

twohats

Joined Oct 28, 2015
On downlights ( About 10 leds) if one led goes down I got the flashing you mentioned.
I was able to test each led with a DMM on diode test, they lit up (dim), if they were good.
Got the replacements from CPC Farnell.
Good luck...........

vernwellstein

Joined Feb 7, 2019
I'm starting to wonder if it isn't the LED module itself that is at fault. Twohats' testimony would point in that direction, although a faulty driver is suppose to also cause the same problem. I'll try doing a diode test.
Concerning the mains voltage, it is 120 volts with 60hz frequency. There also doesn't seem to be a way to see if the LEDs are connected in series or parallel.