Need to buy or build a switch flipper

Voniac

Joined Feb 13, 2020
I have a cable that is controlled by 3 miniature circuit breakers (it's separate into three parts). Now, I have a remote controlled relay that can't handle the high current (it's a three phase cable and I don't know exactly how high it is).
Basically, I want to turn it off and on remotely but it's current is too high for my relay.

I can either use a contactor which is expensive or a physical switch flipper which is suitable for a miniature circuit breaker. I'm leaning towards the latter. Is there such a thing?

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
You could use an Arduino driven servo to do it, but how reliable does it need to be, and how many are you after?
Something like.... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1156995
It sounds like a new relay or contactor is the easiest and best way to go.
But you need to find the max current required and the supply voltage...

Last edited:

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
please don't turn this into a circus. one thing is to play with LEDs and 9V batteries, it is another to deal with three phase power. later one is regulated and for a good reason. there is no place in regulation telling how affordable some electrical component need to be. what you are considering is dangerous to yourself but more importantly to others.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I can either use a contactor which is expensive or a physical switch flipper which is suitable for a miniature circuit breaker. I'm leaning towards the latter. Is there such a thing?
???I don't understand. Aren't "contactors" physical switches too?