Need some help with Arduino, Optocouplers and MOSFETs.

sadmansajid2002

Joined Jun 2, 2021
I created an ESC as shown in the picture of a circuit on perf board. It worked, but the Arduino became hot and the gate of the MOSFETs were getting smaller voltage than the drain. So I want to replace the transistors with PC817 optocouplers according to the given schematic.IMG_20210602_201015.jpg

The schematic of the ESC in the picture is same to the given one, just the optocouplers were replaced by BJT transistors configured as an inverter. Which means I inverted the code.Schematic_ESC Schematic_2021-05-31.png

If you need the code then please tell me.

The MOSFETs used are IRF3205, BJT transistors- BC547, Resistors- 2.2K and 10K (I will change them to the recommended ones) Diode- whatever shot key diode I found. Arduino NANO,

Will it work? And if it works, will there be any considerable problems? And if it doesn't work, what should I change? Thank you

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
I created an ESC as shown in the picture of a circuit on perf board. It worked, but the Arduino became hot and the gate of the MOSFETs were getting smaller voltage than the drain. So I want to replace the transistors with PC817 optocouplers according to the given schematic.View attachment 240256

The schematic of the ESC in the picture is same to the given one, just the optocouplers were replaced by BJT transistors configured as an inverter. Which means I inverted the code.View attachment 240258

If you need the code then please tell me.

The MOSFETs used are IRF3205, BJT transistors- BC547, Resistors- 2.2K and 10K (I will change them to the recommended ones) Diode- whatever shot key diode I found. Arduino NANO,

Will it work? And if it works, will there be any considerable problems? And if it doesn't work, what should I change? Thank you
there are multiple problems with your circuit.

For starters:

1. your schematic is drawn upside down.

2. will Vcc be higher than 5v?

sadmansajid2002

Joined Jun 2, 2021
there are multiple problems with your circuit.

For starters:

1. your schematic is drawn upside down.

2. will Vcc be higher than 5v?
Thanks for your reply. Yeah it's upside down, but like who cares. And the VCC will be higher than 5V, 12V is what I will use. If there are more problems please inform me.