Need some help making a microcontroller for voltage

Theinsainepops

Joined Nov 22, 2013
Hello forum. My name is Elliott and I have a really really good idea to make something But I need somehelp, I need to make and program a chip to where it can detect how much voltage can go into a device and soon as it passes that amount of voltage it stops sending power to that device and reroutes it to its own copacitor and when that other decive runs low on power it feeds the power from capacitor into the device. I need someone to help me create this chip basically, and the program. Can anyone out there please help me. If I need to go into more detail I will

Theinsainepops

Joined Nov 22, 2013
I'm not sure, I was thinking about buying a voltage regulator and programming a chip to work with the voltage regulator so it can regulate how much voltage is sent to the battery. A microprossesor could help though.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You don't need someone to create this for you. It already exists.
This is called a buck-boost voltage regulator and it is employed in energy harvesting systems. A converter can take any voltage from a photo voltaic solar panel and charge storage cells. Regulated power is delivered to the load as required.

Theinsainepops

Joined Nov 22, 2013
This is called a buck-boost voltage regulator and it is employed in energy harvesting systems. A converter can take any voltage from a photo voltaic solar panel and charge storage cells. Regulated power is delivered to the load as required.
Can you show me a link please.?

Theinsainepops

Joined Nov 22, 2013
Well I don't need someone to make me one. I want to make it myself. I need guidance on what to get. Reason is because I need it to be extremely small and slim

Theinsainepops

Joined Nov 22, 2013
Do you think I could hook this up to my charger for my laptop/ phone and when my phone/laptop goes to 100% charge it stops sending current to the laptop or phone?

Theinsainepops

Joined Nov 22, 2013
Someone is already working on devices that will harvest the RF energy that we are being bombarded with. Nikola Tesla was right.

http://www.digikey.com/us/en/techzone/energy-harvesting/resources/articles/tune-in-charge-up-rf-energy-harvesting.html
That's neat. But I want to solve the problem and have a solution for overcharging batteries. That's my school project. Example: I charge my iPhone 4S every night and as a result I overcharged my battery, so now I have to charge it 4-5 times a day now. I want to put something in the charger that can stop the voltage once my iPhone got to 100% charge.

Theinsainepops

Joined Nov 22, 2013
And I was thinking taking that buck boost and putting it my iPhone wall charger and so when I fall asleep at night my battery won't overcharge

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Then either your iPhone is busted or your battery needs replacing.
The iPhone circuitry automatically prevents overcharging. Try taking it back to the store. They may be able to fix the problem.

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Every phone on the market is designed with intelligent battery charging circuitry.
They have to otherwise the unit is at risk of bursting into flames.