Need some advice for making a powerbank

oz93666

Joined Sep 7, 2010
That board looks fine , you wire all the cells in parallel and this feeds the board. Cells are charged and discharged via usb everything is protected ....

I assume you have checked all the cells ,and they don't self discharge and have a reasonable capacity ...... be aware in the future the cells will malfunction one by one ( result in the whole pack discharging slowly) . If this starts to happen you can open up the pack and find and isolate the bad cell allowing the bank to continue ... So build with this in mind

ThanosFromGR

Joined Jul 30, 2019
That board looks fine , you wire all the cells in parallel and this feeds the board. Cells are charged and discharged via usb everything is protected ....

I assume you have checked all the cells ,and they don't self discharge and have a reasonable capacity ...... be aware in the future the cells will malfunction one by one ( result in the whole pack discharging slowly) . If this starts to happen you can open up the pack and find and isolate the bad cell allowing the bank to continue ... So build with this in mind
I didn't check the cells because i dont know how to charge them without the board,is there anything i can do for that?

oz93666

Joined Sep 7, 2010
I didn't check the cells because i dont know how to charge them without the board,is there anything i can do for that?
In that case I would just wire them into the board when you get it and charge them up ... If you find the voltage is dropping too much over a week then one or more are self discharging and need to be removed from the pack . You can discover which one by fully charging, the bad cell should be warmer than the others