Need schematic for old (antique?) Bell & Howell / DeVry Electro Lab Design Console

Ms. Robin Adair

Joined Feb 13, 2015
Hoping to find (have someone who will/can e-mail a scan) the schematic for an OLD, probably antique Bell & Howell / DeVry Electronics Lab Design Console.

There had been a prior post/thread http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/electro-lab-reference.85171/, but did not see a (any) reply. I would rather be able to check / double check parts - circuits PRIOR to powering up.

I will be glad to send a picture if it helps. A sloped panel with binding posts etc. at the top (highest portion) and controls on the lower (closest to operator) portion. Sloped sides are blue metal and the upper center area is black plastic 'peg board'. LOL, I still have the white plastic wiring connectors which go in the peg board.

Odds are somewhere I still have the assembly - operation manual but to date have NOT found it.

Not sure if including my e-mail address is 'allowed' (didn't see/find it in the TOS). I would prefer a scanned copy vs. paper copy, but if you cannot scan, please let me know. E-mail <SNIP>

THANKS for any 'n ALL help!

Ms. Robin Adair

Moderators note: removed email to protect you from spambots

Last edited by a moderator:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I do not have the schematic.
As you can see there are connectors with all kind of voltages next to them.
You can measure those voltages with a multimeter.

Bertus

Ms. Robin Adair

Joined Feb 13, 2015
Hello,

I do not have the schematic.
As you can see there are connectors with all kind of voltages next to them.
You can measure those voltages with a multimeter.

Bertus
Yes, thank you I know that. I have been an electronic technician and even owned my own (not always an indication of intelligence LOL) for over 23 years.

I need the schematic. If a voltage is not present do I have the equipment and skill to trace backward and hopefully find what is wrong? I HOPE so. Do I have the time? Am I willing to take the time if a schematic etc. is available?

Thanks for the pictures.

Be WELL 'n be SAFE!

Robin

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

When a voltage is not present, you could always open the equipment, when it is unpowered and post some pictures of the inner works.

Bertus

Ms. Robin Adair

Joined Feb 13, 2015
Bertus,

Thanks for the above input - thoughts. Possibly I have posted to/on the WRONG forum? Unless you have or know of a person who has the requested schematic(s), I do NOT have time nor am I inclined to observations - suggestions such as the preceding one. Thanks for trying to be helpful.

Please do not be offended if I do not respond to further suggestions / ideas that do not include the requested information.

Be WELL 'n be SAFE!

Ms. Robin Adair

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
So....
The schematic is probably not available?
(What have you owned for over 23 years?)
If you're not willing to spend time to fault find without schematic then throw it in the bin otherwise stay with the members of the forum and they will help.

Ms. Robin Adair

Joined Feb 13, 2015
Rich,

WOW, 'n THANK you!

I'm still sure I have the manual in some storage space / file cabinet, but I'm sorta anxious about spending the time looking not to mention trepidations about what else I may find. (if ya know what I mean).

Your contribution - providing the schematic is SO much 'nicer' and more positive/affirming than some of the earlier replies / responses.

At the risk of sounding ungrateful, might you have MORE the booklet scanned / in a file? If, so I'd gladly contribute - pay any reasonable amount for your going to the trouble of finding and sending it. EITHER way, again, THANK YOU!

Ms. Robin Adair

This is the rest of section 4 with the circuit descriptions and troubleshooting. The first 3 sections are the step by step construction, which aren't of much use once the unit is assembled.
After trying to post this, I found the file is too large to be accepted. (24Meg)

Last edited:

Ms. Robin Adair

Joined Feb 13, 2015
Rich,

As before, THANK you. Now that you have been kind enough to share the info, I will NOT be surprised if I don't find the complete manual any day now. REALLY appreciate your following through!

Be WELL 'n be SAFE!

Ms. Robin Adair

LLang

Joined Feb 17, 2016
Hoping to find (have someone who will/can e-mail a scan) the schematic for an OLD, probably antique Bell & Howell / DeVry Electronics Lab Design Console.

There had been a prior post/thread http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/electro-lab-reference.85171/, but did not see a (any) reply. I would rather be able to check / double check parts - circuits PRIOR to powering up.

I will be glad to send a picture if it helps. A sloped panel with binding posts etc. at the top (highest portion) and controls on the lower (closest to operator) portion. Sloped sides are blue metal and the upper center area is black plastic 'peg board'. LOL, I still have the white plastic wiring connectors which go in the peg board.

Odds are somewhere I still have the assembly - operation manual but to date have NOT found it.

Not sure if including my e-mail address is 'allowed' (didn't see/find it in the TOS). I would prefer a scanned copy vs. paper copy, but if you cannot scan, please let me know. E-mail <SNIP>

THANKS for any 'n ALL help!

Ms. Robin Adair

Moderators note: removed email to protect you from spambots

LLang

Joined Feb 17, 2016
Hello Ms Robin Adair,
In 1971, I took the Bell & Howell Schools/DeVry Home Entertainment Course with Color TV set. As part of that course, I got to build a multimeter, an O'Scope, and a 25" color TV set. I still have the multimeter and wondered if you may interested in having it. It is an analog meter that requires two different batteries. One for the meter movement and one for the electronics. I kept all of the documentation for the course for many years then finally got rid of it. I cannot remember if there was a console with this course. I do remember having an electronics console that I purchased from Heatthkit to learn microprocessors but do not have that any longer either. You can contact me at <snipped email address>
Mod edit: please do not post email addresses/phone numbers. You may contact members via PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also took the course. I still have my 'O' Scope and Design Consol. I have some paper work on the 'O'Scope and multimeter, but none of the consol. My 30 volts does not work. I found a taped wire near the switch. The PDF file is great. It may help me find the problem of not having 30 volts. As I am retired now and working with 12 volts DC with my dream HO train layout, I want to design some circuits. A PDF file of the lessons you teach would be nice to have.

Matt

icy.dev

Joined Mar 12, 2018
Is there any chance anyone is still around that had any documentation on the multimeter????

DeVry B&H 9512/9514 (TRVM)...

Trying to get mine working again!