Need network resistor, where can i find this?

Yatin trikha

Joined Oct 12, 2021
I have this network resistor,
I need a specific network resistance with isolated and divider resistances. The physical dimensions are approximately 15mm long and 6mm broad base and it has 6 pins. The resistance used in it is may be carbon strip. I have attached a rough diagram of circuits.
1,2and 4th pins are isolated and 3,5, and 6 pins are isolated. I am attaching the diagram of the network resistance. Please help me find this product.

Attachments

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Looks like a custom made component. Should be a simple matter to build one with perfboard to replace it or even to repair it. What is wrong with the original? And Welcome to AAC!

Last edited:

Yatin trikha

Joined Oct 12, 2021
Hey thanks for your response, i am technician and this component gets damaged alot in the pcbs i repair. Although i use smd resistance to make alternative network when this component gets damaged. The demand for this is very high.

But i need to know where can i get these? Even if it is custom made i can pay to get these made. I can't find such manufacturer.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
If they keep getting damaged there may be a problem with the wattage. I'd look at the circuit schematic to see if there is an external problem or if the wattage may be the problem. The only source for them is most likely from the manufacturer's parts stock.

Yatin trikha

Joined Oct 12, 2021
If they keep getting damaged there may be a problem with the wattage. I'd look at the circuit schematic to see if there is an external problem or if the wattage may be the problem. The only source for them is most likely from the manufacturer's parts stock.
Thank you,
But i wanted to know if there are any manufacturer who produce such networks.
Thanks for your response.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Neither 0820 or HM131 are standard part numbers so they must be manufacturer part numbers. Who made the board and what is it installed in. Manufacturer, Make, Model numbers needed to do anything further. The schematic is not of a typical resistor network.

jiggermole

Joined Jul 29, 2016
agreed. You're best bet would probably to contact a fab house like https://www.pcbway.com/ or similar. They have engineers on staff to help in these situations. They'd have the experience to hammer it out to the production floor with their own pick and place machines to give you a finished product. From the way you're saying you'd probably order enough to make it worth their while.

Otherwise, if you don't have the experience for it, one of us here could generate some board files to have them made.

Edit: whats the pin pitch?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
try searching ceramic film resistor network, you should be able to find some manufacturers. Is that resistor some kind of precision divider? What device does it come from?

jiggermole

Joined Jul 29, 2016
So got it roughly done. Still need the pin pitch. Used 0603 resistors. Fairly common and about as small as I want to hand solder. 0403 is just too small for these shaky hands. the dimensions of 15x6 with the 603s will be a bit tight. Also on the schematic I can't tell if its 5.5k or 6.6k for R2?

Yatin trikha

Joined Oct 12, 2021
Neither 0820 or HM131 are standard part numbers so they must be manufacturer part numbers. Who made the board and what is it installed in. Manufacturer, Make, Model numbers needed to do anything further. The schematic is not of a typical resistor network.
I am overwhelmed by your response and i lack vocabulary to thanks you guys.
I had tried to contact a few manufacturers they asked me what is part number of the product. Also you are quite experienced that you noticed that this not a typical resistor network.
To get the manufacturer part number useful i need to find exact manufacturer who made it which i have not found till now.
I see that i can learn much from this forum.
Thanks again.

Yatin trikha

Joined Oct 12, 2021
Hi
So got it roughly done. Still need the pin pitch. Used 0603 resistors. Fairly common and about as small as I want to hand solder. 0403 is just too small for these shaky hands. the dimensions of 15x6 with the 603s will be a bit tight. Also on the schematic I can't tell if its 5.5k or 6.6k for R2?
Hi, i already fixed this problem in a couple of pcbs using 0603 SMD resistances but the demand of these network resistors are really really high and original manufacturer of pcb do not offer these network resistors. I was wondering if i can find any manufacturer who can make such network.

Yatin trikha

Joined Oct 12, 2021
try searching ceramic film resistor network, you should be able to find some manufacturers. Is that resistor some kind of precision divider? What device does it come from?
Hey hi,
Thanks for your response, yes it is used as divider, its tolerance is about 0.1%.
Do you know any manufacturer who produces such network resistors that i can contact for ordering such product?
I guess the resistance used in the network is carbon strip.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I don't know why you show two resistors in your network with zero ohms. You only have four resistors.
also, is there something special about this resistor network? Like zero temp coefficient or other? If they are failing, you may want to use larger wattage resistors than the 0604 package size if they fit into your available space.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
I have this network resistor,
I need a specific network resistance with isolated and divider resistances. The physical dimensions are approximately 15mm long and 6mm broad base and it has 6 pins. The resistance used in it is may be carbon strip. I have attached a rough diagram of circuits.
1,2and 4th pins are isolated and 3,5, and 6 pins are isolated. I am attaching the diagram of the network resistance. Please help me find this product.
Talk to Vishay and Bourns, they have huge selections of bussed and non-bussed resistor networks.