Need help with transistors

tdubliture

Joined Sep 3, 2009
Can I make a 3:1 mux out of transistors using car voltage to select. What in doing is taking the turn signals and the reverse signal and having that choose which video signal from the correspondding camera on my bumper to the vid unit. So if I turn right my right hand blind spot is revealed. If I turn left my left ect. I want the right vid to have priority followed by the left and then reverse. So if the hazards are on in reverse the right shows. I already have the circuit to convert the pulsed output to a constant using relays. I can also do the above using relays. But 5 relays for this circuit seems a bit much. I know it will work but I don't k ow a lot about transistors

This might seem complicated if you don't know transistors to well.
The attached picture is a 3:1 multiplexer (mux) made up of MOSFET transistors.
I hope this helps. If you need more of a description let me know.

Jon

PS sorry for the poor quality. I drew it in paint real quick.

Attachments

tdubliture

Joined Sep 3, 2009
im just a little confused about the drawing. I am assuming that case 1 2 and 3 will be the video camera signal. then the select lines will determine which signal? is there anyway to do it with three select lines? for left right and reverse? and ya your right I can understand the logic of it but the transistors are a different language

Hi

If I have understood the problem correctly , You can use your turn and reverse signal to select a channel which routes your video signals. You cannot make the video signals via a transistor. Google for some Video Multiplexer ICs and you need to have proper termination on the singnal to have a distortion free and good quality image.

Hope this helps

Thanks