Need help with simple switch with 1s power pulses

Reinis

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Hi, electronics is not my strong suit. That's why I'm asking for help here.

I need simple "power button", but so that it would switch power on only for one second. Preferably so that you couldn't hold it down to prolong connection. It should be simple, cheep and robust.
I need it for 18650 battery (4.25 V).

I had idea about electromagnet, some plastic tube with coil, trough which you throw iron pin. Like nail or something. To create magnetic feald, which would move simple switch and create connection. But that would need secondary power source, like 9V battery. And if I'm not wrong, magnetic feald would be created at ends of electromagnet, I need to place some metallic lever there, but I need it to be free from obstacles as well, to allow to get pin in there.

Might be you have simpler, or more elegant solution.

Thnx alot. ))

Last edited:

Reinis

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Idea about electromagnet is just one idea.
As I sad, I need swich for 1s. When you push the button. There is connection for on secund. And then it shud swich off.
It will be intensively used for 8 hours. About 300 times. That's why I need it robust.

Reinis

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I'm building laser gun to shoot some balloons. But I need it to "shoot" in 1s pulses. That's why I need this switch.

Reinis

Joined Jan 8, 2017
fairly easy to do. a 555 timer, a logic gate, a lowly transistor, etc., depending on what you have.
I believe you are busy man. But might be you cud draw diagram for 555?
I will have help from certified electro engineer, bu she has only theoretical knowledge. And it hasn't been exercised for some years.
I'm good with my hands, I just don't know electronics. Been thinking to learn basics for years. Somehow didn't have chance.

I will pay back, not to you, but to somebody else. Where I can apply my skillset.