Need help with fuses please, technical knowledge needed.

Drago Andjelic

Joined Sep 5, 2018
I figured out that the fuses blew on my flatscreen and need to replace them. Their are two different fuses I think, but on the board their are three fuses, but don't know if they are the same or are different. Can someone tell me please?
Two of the three fuses are: T2.OAH/250V and the third fuse is: T6.3AH/250V

Can someone explain more clearly for me, because I am not knowledgeable enough?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

As you have indicated. Two of the fuses are the same (2A) and the 3rd is different (6.3A).

A more important question is what caused the fuse(s) to blow?

Drago Andjelic

Joined Sep 5, 2018
Welcome to AAC!

As you have indicated. Two of the fuses are the same (2A) and the 3rd is different (6.3A).

A more important question is what caused the fuse(s) to blow?
I am unsure what caused it to blow? However, I can tell you that I didn't watch on this TV for about two months or more.

One of the three fuses says it is: 3AH/250V, and the other two of the three fuses say it is: 0AH/250V. Are the 3 fuses the same or two different types?

My older 55" Samsung were all the same fuses and replaced all three, but the newer 55" flat screen has two different type of fuses and am not sure.

I am guessing they are two different types of fuses; however, my knowledge is limited and am not sure. Can someone confirm or tell me please?

Lastly, the tv is 110v but the fuses say 250V, can it run on European 220V or will it fry it?

Kind Regards, from Florida,

Drago

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
The ‘T’ prefix indicates that the fuse is a time-delay (slow-blow) type, the numeral value (followed by ‘A) is the fuse current rating (in Amps), the ‘H’ indicates that the fuse is a high rupture capacity/high breaking capacity fuse – which can withstand a 1500A fault current. The voltage rating is the maximum circuit voltage that the fuse can protect, so it is perfectly acceptable to use a 250V rated fuse in a 120V circuit (but not the other way around).

For continued circuit protection, you should replace the fuse with one having the same fusing characteristics (as marked on the fuse that you are replacing).

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Lastly, the tv is 110v but the fuses say 250V, can it run on European 220V or will it fry it?
It depends on the appliance. Some equipment will operate from 110VAC or 220VAC without changing anything (other than changing plug type). Some have a switch setting to select between the two voltages. Some will only operate from one or the other.