Need help with converting 0-5v signal to 0-10v signal

François TEYSSERE

Joined Jun 15, 2015
<Moderator's note: You had hijacked a stale thread, here is a fresh thread of your own>

I'm trying to make exactly the same circuit than OP, to get from a 0-5V voltage to a 0-10V. I'm using the LCM6081 op amp as well, and did the same circuit you did in the first post. The only difference is that I'm feeding the op amp with a 12V battery.

The circuit kind of works but it seems that it is saturated to around 5V, because the voltage is effectively multiplied by 2 until I put more than 2.5V on Ve, at which point it keeps giving me a 5V output... Does any of you have an idea of where it could come from?

Last edited by a moderator:

François TEYSSERE

Joined Jun 15, 2015
Well it wasn't an actual issue, the device with which I was measuring the output voltage couldn't handle more than 5V so it just said 5V. When I then tried to measure with a classical multimeter I realized I actually had the desired voltage. The previous post could even be deleted given the simplicity of the problem.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Thank you. It's all valuable. I have a thread discussing how to troubleshoot a problem with audio to digital conversion. Turned out I forgot to set the volume!