Need Help with circuit and components!!

1ronman

Joined Jul 7, 2014
Hello I am trying to build a circuit that contains a vibration sensor.

I need to have a circuit that when the vibration sensor is disturbed a light turns on and stays on for 5 minuets then switches off if the vibration sensor is still. If the vibration sensor is constantly disturbed then the light will always stay on. Does anyone know of anything or what circuit I need to make?
I'm quite a novice at circuits and I have been racking my brain for ages trying to work this out. Please someone help lol. the circuit will need to be 12V.

Thank
Chris

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You will need an op amp to amplify the signal, and trigger a 555 timer chip, or cmos timer , plenty of op amps to choose from, try lm358, Tlc272, which vibration sensor are you using, like model number?

1ronman

Joined Jul 7, 2014
You will need an op amp to amplify the signal, and trigger a 555 timer chip, or cmos timer , plenty of op amps to choose from, try lm358, Tlc272, which vibration sensor are you using, like model number?
I haven't found any parts as I didn't know that it was possible. Do you think I can just buy it or will I have to make it?

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
You can buy the sensor detector ready-made, and the 555 timer kit on Ebay, if your upto it you can make your own,but will need a circuit and pcb.