need help with an RLC exercice

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
tell me, the question 2 are right?
No, it is not right, because you are not taking into account the phase angles of the two currents.

That equation applies only if the two currents are at 90 degree difference to each other. But even without the resistor the two currents would be 180 degrees apart. With the resistor, they are at some relatively arbitrary angle relative to each other.

Break each current into its real and reactive components.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
This is Homework Help, not Homework Done For You. Just giving you the solution will not help you. You have almost certainly seen examples worked in your course material. You have almost certain seen examples worked by your instructor. If you haven't learned the material from those, how will having yet one more problem worked for you make any difference? What will you do on the exam? Ask the proctor to make the solution for you?

You need to struggle and fight with these concepts in order to learn them. So go back and look at how you represent impedances, voltages, and currents using phasors and how to add two phasors together. Then make your best attempt at just that part of the problem.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
use complex notation
My guess (and the TS would need to confirm this) is that they aren't using complex notation for anything at all, but rather phasor notation and a slew of formulas aimed to minimize the need for a background in algebra and trig.

shteii01

Joined Feb 19, 2010
My guess (and the TS would need to confirm this) is that they aren't using complex notation for anything at all, but rather phasor notation and a slew of formulas aimed to minimize the need for a background in algebra and trig.
I bet you are right.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
@Mugiwara303 : You know (or should know) from KCL that

\(
\bar{I_T} \; = \; \bar{I_L} \; + \; \bar{I_C}
\)

But these are phasors and have to be added as such. So the first thing is to draw the phasors for I_L and I_C, keeping in mind that I_L includes both a reactive (inductive) and resistive part. So the real first thing is to find I_L by using KVL.

Mugiwara303

Joined Jun 14, 2015
its really complicated for me to explain to you LoL! i need to know this as fast as i can i don't have time... can anyone give me the detailed solution and i will understand then! thanks in advance.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
its really complicated for me to explain to you LoL! i need to know this as fast as i can i don't have time...
And when you write a proposal or are the boss and have to explain something, will you use that same excuse?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
its really complicated for me to explain to you LoL! i need to know this as fast as i can i don't have time... can anyone give me the detailed solution and i will understand then! thanks in advance.
I refer you to Post #10. If the examples you've seen worked haven't made you understand it, how will yet one more magically do the trick. You want understanding without effort on your part and it just seldom works that way.