Need help with a LED circuit (D Flip Flop)

Metamorphosis

Joined May 28, 2007
Hi guys,

I'm a bit of a n00b at this and I'm not sure how to solve this issue here.

I've previously made a set of halogen ni-cad mountain bike lights, but its heavy, the battery life is not what I want and the bulbs are not bright enough. So I've decided to make a new set of hid arc li-ion lights.

On my previous set, I wired in individual toggle switches to turn on 2 different bulbs (flood/spot) and a backup 1 watt LED. It was a very confusing setup, and wasn't water-proof.

I have a lithium battery with sufficient storage and output (7.6v), a custom made hid ballast and now I need to design a single water-proof switch that can work many functions. I know I need a dual flip flop switch and water-proof momentary but I don't understand what I need to do from there.

I need a dff switch like so:

1. On
2. On-On
3. On-On-On
4. All Off

P.S. Find attached a shitty picture I made up in Paint. If anyone could help me in this task, I will be extremely grateful.

lightingman

Joined Apr 19, 2007
Hi..Easiest way would be to use a PIC... Something small like one of the 8 pin devices plus a few MOSFET's to drive the lamps.It can be programmed to output any sequence with each press, or multiple presses of a switch.The device in standby pulls only about 2uW.(a flip-flop arangement would pull more power than this in standby).That's how it's done on those little LED head torches.Daniel.

Metamorphosis

Joined May 28, 2007
Hi..Easiest way would be to use a PIC... Something small like one of the 8 pin devices plus a few MOSFET's to drive the lamps.It can be programmed to output any sequence with each press, or multiple presses of a switch.The device in standby pulls only about 2uW.(a flip-flop arangement would pull more power than this in standby).That's how it's done on those little LED head torches.Daniel.
Hey,

Hmmm yeah, I could try that. Lemme find some bits and pieces and try your suggestion. In the meantime if anyone else wants to have a crack at it, I would be stoked! :D

Cheers mate!