Need help with 220v led lamp

mohsen 2012

Joined May 15, 2014
Hi guys i have 220v led lamp with 70 leds , after test all leds with 5v i found 15 leds burned !!
20230707_232758.jpg

So it is hard to replace them , i want to use a resistor or any easy solution , please help guys

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
You might find it easier to remove the wire leads, then put the circuit board (which is most like a metal core board) on a hotplate and gently heat it up until the LEDs that need to come off get loose. Either that, or get a higher power soldering iron -in either case you will have to heat the circuit board to the point the solder starts to melt.

mohsen 2012

Joined May 15, 2014
You might find it easier to remove the wire leads, then put the circuit board (which is most like a metal core board) on a hotplate and gently heat it up until the LEDs that need to come off get loose. Either that, or get a higher power soldering iron -in either case you will have to heat the circuit board to the point the solder starts to melt.
Good , i want to use a resistor instead of them , wich value and wattage of resistor ?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
What does this mean? Did you apply 5V to each LED? If so, all of them should have burned out.
Unless the 5 volts was not an ideal voltage source.

Figuring out what resistors to use is quite a puzzle. Can you find out how much current is going through the LEDs and the typical voltage across one of the LEDs?

A better solution would be to wait for an identical lamp to stop working and then combine working parts to make one whole lamp.

mohsen 2012

Joined May 15, 2014
Unless the 5 volts was not an ideal voltage source.

Figuring out what resistors to use is quite a puzzle. Can you find out how much current is going through the LEDs and the typical voltage across one of the LEDs?

A better solution would be to wait for an identical lamp to stop working and then combine working parts to make one whole lamp.
For the viltage is about 400 V to supply 70 leds , i try a 68 ohm 1W resistor but any leds work