NEED HELP W/WIRELESS SUB! NOOBIE HERE

Mathiuspage

Joined Apr 20, 2017
So I had a Vizio 5.1 surround sound sound bar with wireless subwoofer and the rear satellites hooked up to the wireless subwoofer. The sound bar died. I purchased Onkyo 7.2 receiver model TX NR 656. Obviously the subwoofer will not connect to the new receiver and I can't hook it up passively. I need to solder in a single coaxial cable somewhere on this board bypassing the Bluetooth slash wireless input so I can get signal to the amplifier inside the wireless sub I'm sure this is possible for someone who knows what they're doing and that is not me. I have minimal electronic experience and I can solder any help would be great the picture of me pointing used to where the actual sub connect to the board20170420_211016.jpg 20170420_211043.jpg 20170420_211052.jpg 20170420_211135.jpg

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Your best option is to search for the datasheet for the audio amplifier chips on the black heatsinks, the Bluetooth module is the rectangular tin box (top right).

Mathiuspage

Joined Apr 20, 2017
Your best option is to search for the datasheet for the audio amplifier chips on the black heatsinks, the Bluetooth module is the rectangular tin box (top right).
Ok ill try and look online but do know what i would be looking for on the data sheets exactly what would I want to solder into. Thanks

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Here's an approach:
  • Disconnect the power to the bluetooth module (cut a trace if necessary).
  • Apply power to the circuit.
  • Probe the bluetooth pins holding a 1k resistor with you being ungrounded.
  • If you find a pin that produces a sound in the subwoofer, that's likely the audio line.
  • You should be able to connect your subwoofer audio signal to that.
Anyone see any significant problems with that?