Need help understanding this Relay

kartthiksudhir80

Joined Mar 28, 2015
I could not make out where to give the wires in this locally made 1 channel 5v relay that i bought as im new to relays and this one seems to be different from the ones seen online. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.Relay pic.jpg

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
A little more detail may be useful: Run AC Line to the relay COM (Common) contact and connect the NO (Normally Open) contact to one of the load (such as a light bulb and connect the other connection from the load to AC Neutral.

Be sure none of the AC line connections can short or touch anything else -especially people! It is recommended that the circuit be enclosed in an insulated box.

kartthiksudhir80

Joined Mar 28, 2015
i just want to use a dc voltage powered switch to switch on an ac bulb, the problem is i cant make much of the locally made relay board that i have got here

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
and also, what about the ground terminals?
Post #2 can be misleading labeling all the common terminals GND especially to the initiated, one will be the 5vdc common and the other will be the switched AC.
BUT it appears that there is two jumpers that have to be removed to switch a separate supply, it looks like they also connect the +5v supply to the contact side whith the jumpers in place?
Check first.
Max.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
you need to remove the link from A to E,as shown on the pcb, to use Mains Voltage

the 5V supply is E posative, F gnd, and connect the switch to E and G.

Relay pic1.jpg

Last edited:

AfdhalAtiffTan

Joined Nov 20, 2010
Post #2 can be misleading labeling all the common terminals GND especially to the initiated, one will be the 5vdc common and the other will be the switched AC.
BUT it appears that there is two jumpers that have to be removed to switch a separate supply, it looks like they also connect the +5v supply to the contact side whith the jumpers in place?
Check first.
Max.
The OP doesn't mention that it will be used on AC power. My bad.

i just want to use a dc voltage powered switch to switch on an ac bulb, the problem is i cant make much of the locally made relay board that i have got here
Assuming you have a properly powered 5V signal, maybe it is simpler for you to use the relay directly. Just be careful, you're working with lethal voltage.