Need Help..! trying to power my huawei router through a power bank

Umer Nisar

Joined Jul 5, 2022
i am a complete newbie no information about circuits and etc. So the thing is I am trying to power my huawei router through a power bank which provides 18 Watt fast charging and is a 12v 1.5 A port the same as requirement for router but when i connect them modem does not turn on can't understand why?
These are the specifications for my powerband module

• Quick Charge 2.0
  • Fast charging both ways supported.
  • Input= 9V/2A
  • Output= 5V/1.5A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A
  • Charges your smartphone or any other quick charge supported device very fast at full speeds, 18W max.
  • Charges itself at 18W.
  • Max supported capacity 50,000 mAh.
  • Turbo Power Supported.

Connected to 9 "DSD Li-ion ICR18650T 3.7V 2200mAh 8.1Wh BI16"

Last edited by a moderator:

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I suspect the problem may be the incorrect coaxial connector on the power bank to match the power socket on the router. Although the outer diameter of the plug is correct (I am guessing 5.5 mm as you have not provided any information.) the center pin diameter may be wrong. I have seen center pin diameters of 2.1mm, 2.5mm and 3.0mm. (There may be others.) If the center pin is too small it will not make contact with the center part of the socket. Have you checked that the polarity of the connector on the power bank matches the router. The center pin is normally positive but some devices use it as negative.

Les.

Umer Nisar

Joined Jul 5, 2022
I suspect the problem may be the incorrect coaxial connector on the power bank to match the power socket on the router. Although the outer diameter of the plug is correct (I am guessing 5.5 mm as you have not provided any information.) the center pin diameter may be wrong. I have seen center pin diameters of 2.1mm, 2.5mm and 3.0mm. (There may be others.) If the center pin is too small it will not make contact with the center part of the socket. Have you checked that the polarity of the connector on the power bank matches the router. The center pin is normally positive but some devices use it as negative.

Les.
Thankyou LesJones.... but actually I dont think there is any problem with the connecter on the powerbank as I removed it from a extra adapter I had that worked fine ...!but as I am connecting it to the power bank with a usb cable so my friend suggested that I should use QC trigger and that would do the trick maybe

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Are you sure that the power bank can be set to provide 12 volts output from it's USB socket ? (USB sockets (Assuming type A socket) normally provide 5 volts.) It would be a great help if you provided more information. For example the user manual on the power bank. This would avoid us having to make wild guesses about how you have connected things. Have you measured the output voltage from the power bank when it is connected to the router ?

Les.