Need help, trying to fix my car key

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Good photo!

Two resistors got popped off the board. You can see a 1K (marked 102) resistor sitting diagonally. Where the other one went -- and what's it's value -- who knows. It'll probably show up with a missing sock someday.

Good luck.

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
Second part might be that capacitor laying cock-eyed near the bottom/left. How did you manage to do this while changing the battery?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Second part might be that capacitor laying cock-eyed near the bottom/left. How did you manage to do this while changing the battery?
Didn't see that. Looks like a total of three parts were knocked off the board, with one at large.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Do you only have one fob? If fixing the fob doesn't work, did you at any time disconnect the car's battery? In my Ford, that resets the code to a unique default code that was set at the company. One has to contact a dealer to get that code.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
I’m guessing this got run through the wash and then a hot dryer which may have gotten just hot enough to reflow enough to melt them off. Please note the items already noted by the guys.

it looks like you may have an antenna issue at the bottom with an LC tank that’s lost, I see 4 pads with what looks like a cap, could be an inductor.

0030AF53-3067-40E5-9959-9265157A90E7.jpeg

Last edited: