Need help troubleshooting an SM168-S1 circuit

I think that must be a microcontroller, I can't think of any other reason it would need a crystal. So that's going to be a problem to repair because even if you could find out what type it is you'd have to programme it with suitable software. But make 100% sure all the other components are ok, testing out of circuit if needed. As I see it you have 4 choices (1) Use a simple analogue motor speed controller, using the switch to switch resistors to vary the voltage on the triac gate. An easy option but you won't have pulsing. (2) Replacing the board with an off the shelf ready made design. Again pulsing isnt usually a feature (3)Adding a pulse feature to either of the above will make this more complicated but should be possible (4) Programming a microcontroller of your choice and hard wiring it to the board. Google 'ac motor speed controller' or 'microcontroller ac motor speed controller' to bring up designs you can use

But as a couple of us have said before, try the board back in the mixer with the triac gate disconnected just to make sure its not shorted- dont rely on your meter readings

Last edited by a moderator:

abbouh

Joined Mar 25, 2017
But as a couple of us have said before, try the board back in the mixer with the triac gate disconnected just to make sure its not shorted- dont rely on your meter readings
i did, and yeah it's still runing.
that stupid TRIAC.
thank you so much all of you for your help :)

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Q1 fires the Triac, Q2 is for Zero crossing detection, Unless you have drawn the circuit wrong, as the chip has no Negative supply??

as a temporary measure remove R7 15 ohms at one end and see if it stops.

Last edited:

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I would imagine that the zener diode Z1 provides a 5 volt supply for the IC (Microproccesor ?). Has this voltage been measured ?
What does the 3 pin connector at the top left hand corner of the schemaitc in post #20 connect to ? I was wondering if it could be some kind of speed sensor to form a closed loop speed control. If it was and was not giving an output it would explain why it ran at full speed.

Les.

abbouh

Joined Mar 25, 2017
I would imagine that the zener diode Z1 provides a 5 volt supply for the IC (Microproccesor ?). Has this voltage been measured ?
What does the 3 pin connector at the top left hand corner of the schemaitc in post #20 connect to ? I was wondering if it could be some kind of speed sensor to form a closed loop speed control. If it was and was not giving an output it would explain why it ran at full speed.

Les.
Exactly, its going to a speed controler

abbouh

Joined Mar 25, 2017
What kind of speed sensor is it ? (Optical, Hall effect, variable reluctace, tacho generator.)

Les.
Am not expert, just a small component louks just like a transistor touching a metal ring linked directly to the router of the motor.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I think it is probably a Hall effect sensor. Does the ring it is close to have teeth on it like a gear wheel ? Can you take a photograph of it and see if there is a part number on it. Also I think you may have missed a link out on your schematic. I think that the negative end of the zener diode is connected to pin 4 of the IC and also pin 1 of the 3 pin socket. Can you check if I am right or wrong ?

Les.

abbouh

Joined Mar 25, 2017
I think it is probably a Hall effect sensor. Does the ring it is close to have teeth on it like a gear wheel ? Can you take a photograph of it and see if there is a part number on it. Also I think you may have missed a link out on your schematic. I think that the negative end of the zener diode is connected to pin 4 of the IC and also pin 1 of the 3 pin socket. Can you check if I am right or wrong ?

Les.
Thanks i will check all of that.

Nordine

Joined Mar 22, 2018
Bonjour tout le monde j'ai même problème de survitesse de la machine , j'ai vérifié toutes les composants sont états bon ,. Sauf un composant qui brancher entre les bornes 1-2-3 est dégradé et j'aimerais connaître est ce que un transistor ou bien capteur de vitesse....? Merci pour votre réponse

Ouss14

Joined Apr 14, 2018
Bonjour tout le monde j'ai même problème de survitesse de la machine , j'ai vérifié toutes les composants sont états bon ,. Sauf un composant qui brancher entre les bornes 1-2-3 est dégradé et j'aimerais connaître est ce que un transistor ou bien capteur de vitesse....? Merci pour votre réponse
Salut tt le minde c est un capteur de vitesse ,tu peux lui prendre une photo stp?

Elec67

Joined Nov 2, 2018
2018-11-02 11.27.43.jpg 2018-11-02 11.27.43.jpg 2018-11-05 14.12.41.jpg Hi,
I just get the same problem with mixer on SM 168-S1 PCB.
In fact there is a hall sensor which is located on another small PCB nearly motor.
It takes speed information over a magnet.
This hall sensor was "used" or mechanically damaged.
The inscription was not visible.
I replace them with hall sensor A3144.
After that the mixer runs well with 6 speed positions.

Elec67

Joined Nov 2, 2018
I have some hall sensors left...
If someone is interested I can make the replacement.
Just send the defective small PCB
I live in France - je suis français ;)
Best regards

csiszargy

Joined Apr 11, 2020
I am a new user! I applied here because I am looking for this integrated circuit - which is the motor controller of a kneader - is broken; 144TNCZ07. It seems to be the secret IC of the manufacturers as there is no information about it anywhere. Therefore, the device cannot be used, it only operates at one speed. Either it is thrown away or new electronics are needed. It can't even be obtained. I did quite a bit of research on the internet - unsuccessfully. If anyone knows such an IC, where to get it, please write.
Thanks!
György, from Hungary