Need help to repair multimeter

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
Hello
I need help to repair my digital multimeter. There is display error It does not show value
IMG_20160910_181002.jpg

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
Most likely the connections between the display and the circuit board are faulty. Generally these are unrepairable without special equipment.

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
Most likely the connections between the display and the circuit board are faulty. Generally these are unrepairable without special equipment.
Hello AlbertHall
That means I have to buy new multimeter
Which type of special equipment are you talking?

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
There are generally two methods used to make the connections to the glass of the LCD.
1. A rubber strip divided into very small conducting and insulating sections squashed between the LCD and the board.
2. A clear (usually) flexible PCB strip which is attached by conductive glue to the LCD and the board.
I don't know details of how these are produced/attached but I have tried to repair such with no success (40 years servicing electronic things).

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
In the U.S. there is a store that gives away meters like that for free, called Harbor Freight.

That doesn't help you, but my point is that such a meter is very inexpensive. The battery inside is worth more than the meter. I would not invest time in fixing it, but instead spend time finding another one.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
Even though it can't be repaired it still has value!

Open it up and look at how it is built. You can learn a lot that way.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
It looks like the connections between the LCD and the PCB are just fine. You probably have a bad main chip. This is not economically repairable.

Buy a new meter.