Need help sendiing sms via GSM2 click board

Hamidi Halim

Joined Feb 16, 2018
Hi guys, I'm new at the arduino world, I have bought an arduino uno and a GSM2 click board, the problem is that I don't know how to send an SMS via this card using the arduino, I couldn't find some good code exemples for this, and in the codes exemples I have found, some use the library #include <GSM.h > and others use #include <SoftwareSerial.h> also some of them use the IMEI of the board in the arduino code some don't use it, which makes me so confused, also it's says that I should use a 3.3V to supply the GSM board but in this web site they used both 3.3v and 5v.
I will be very happy if someone could help me, by telling how to intialize the GSM2 click board on the arduino and which library I should use? when should I write the IMEI in the arduino code? which pin should I use for the transmission? which PINs should I use for power supply, and any code exemple for sending an SMS on event will be very helpful.

Moderator's note: This post was split from the following thread:
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/gsm2-click-with-an-arduino-uno.131768/#post-1239887

Last edited by a moderator: