Need help on zener diode replacement

huskyboy

Joined Mar 18, 2014
Hello guys,

I have a rectifier with burnt component.
Code in PCB says ZD43 and ZD42 so Im thinking this is a zener diode.
I checked on the zener and i am seeing markings of C2, and another marking of 5.

I already checked online to get what part number is this zener diode but to no avail.
Can someone help me please what to get as replacement of this zener diode/

The packaging is glass sealed type.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The markings seem to be useless. I think we'll need to know what you're working on, brand, model number, or other such information.

huskyboy

Joined Mar 18, 2014
Thank you #12.
I cant seem to find any component list on the datasheet (searched also online but cant find component list)
The power supply i have is a MeanWell ADD-55A.

huskyboy

Joined Mar 18, 2014
Yes, that is exactly the rectifier that I have.

Can you help me please on replacing the bad zener diode? Thank you.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I am helping you. I just looked up the fact that you are working on a switching power supply.

I have tracked down 5 alleged schematics and all I get is the same one I posted, which is not a schematic.

As you said, the "specification" provided is useless. There are people here that could design that whole thing, but we can't see inside it from here so we can't guess what voltage the diodes are. This is going to get into using photographs and trying to trace out how it's made if we can't find a schematic of it.

Last edited:

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
even if you replace the component, you need to know why it burned or it will probably happen again
you probably want to replace with a better component

If you could post good pictures of the diode and area, as well as follow the traces to everything connected, we might be able to find out what it does and find a replacement